Episodes guidelines

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I’ll have to say the only thing I am proud of is the restriction of sexual activities in covers and stories and stuff like r*pe, etc. However, the rule on guns and profanity is ridiculous.

16 Likes

Hopefully tht means ppl get the option to say yes or no to s3xual stuff

Gore/Guns/swearing is taking too far

5 Likes

I’m 50/50 on this one! I’m just glad that there will be less sexual stuff on there but I’m disappointed over the fact that they won’t allow:

• gore
  • guns
  • swearing

If a story isn’t suitable for a 13 year old, they should stay away from it. Simple!

Also, Episode need to remove stories that glorify topics that are very serious!

11 Likes

guns are allowed just not on the cover

1 Like

Personally, I was happy with warnings at the beginning telling you if there were mature themes and sexual situations. I’m super pro-consent but I do think it may be hard to integrate into all the stories, especially romance ones where the plot may depend on something happening. But that’s probably because I have a draft of a romance story. Oh well, maybe take it somewhere like Chapters since then I won’t have to code!

Also, does anyone think the official stories will really get edited?

6 Likes

That’s annoying! What’s next? Ban stories with mythical creatures in it?

3 Likes

I doubt it. And if they don’t then people will be starting a riot anyway. They already are on Instagram. :rofl:

1 Like

I need to see the screenshots :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But I just want majority of these trending stories taken down if they refuse to. :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

It’s in the comments on their new post of them addressing the guidelines. It’s hilarious.

1 Like

Wait what’s happened

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t have any issues with it. I’m glad Episode took the community’s thoughts and opinions into consideration. That means a lot.

2 Likes

Lol, the replies on insta are all more or less the same from episode, but it’s just so weird there are gun props and animations but they don’t allow it on covers anymore, that doesn’t make sense :woman_shrugging: But I don’t like the use of guns in the stories anyway tbh

7 Likes

I don’t understand why people are whining about the restrictions of sexual content. It’s a 13+ app dude. If it’s “stripping away your creativity” then you can leave the app, simple. Just like you said the kids can do. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

If you cant write a scene without sexual content… maybe you need to rethink ur style

7 Likes

I understand if it’s for romance but Episode didn’t say no sex at all. They just mean make it more suitable and appropriate. If it isn’t then that’s your fault.

3 Likes

I get the stuff with sexual content, but with the guns? Smh.

Then again, I’m very biased, but still.

2 Likes

The gun rule is insanely ridiculous.

5 Likes