Explain Your Art!

That’s a really cute style! :star_struck:

5 Likes

My eyes :sob: amazing art! A m a z i n g!

5 Likes

Damn! This is amazing!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Wedding-preparations-e1569306807208-850x455

No comment

4 Likes

It’s kinda hard to explain how exactly I ended up with my current art style… It all started with me drawing weird looking animals when I was small, so my mum signed me up for an art class. Then there was a long time where everything I created looked like trash, but after that I slowly started getting better. I had a realistic art phase which didn’t go that we’ll but helped me understand anatomy better. After that I just kinda started drawing in a more cartoonish style because I found it easier. The first digital animal I did is a god example for my art style, I just kinda changed it up a bit to make it look better, but it still has the main elements, simple black and white eyes and a thick outline, most of the time.

some examples

I didn’t know how to shade, so my first art piece looked very flat… And the flowers and the butterfly weren’t part of the original drawing, but I’m too lazy to scroll through everything to find the original :eyes::sparkles:

Some other animal drawings in my style:
This was my second(?) digital animal drawing, it was a pfp for @MeghanWrites. As you can probably see, I started experimenting with shading a bit, but it looked kinda meh :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

I also didn’t really get the concept of fur, so my first animals look kinda flat :eyes::eyes::green_heart::no_mouth:
Star cult pfp_20200119011009
I started experimenting with fur in this one, so it already looks much better. I’m still proud of this one (A pfp for @WolfGamerGirl37) :eyes::sparkles:

I tried drawing a dragon, but I still have to learn how to get the skin texture right (a bday gift for @Dying_Dragon) :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::sweat_smile:

Then, I also had a weird kinda realistic phase, but we don’t talk about it :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

(Butterfly was a pfp for @Jass) :eyes::green_heart:
Titelloses 76_20200221170310

My human drawing style is mostly influenced by me being too lazy to learn how to draw realistic humans (I actually know how to draw them, I’m just too lazy to do it), most people describe it as cute, I think it’s because I make most things look round and simple :eyes::sparkles:

most recent examples

I made these for the Section Art Competition, and I don’t really have any other human drawings saved on my phone. I’m kinda still experimenting with shading and hair, so they still look kinda different :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

So in conclusion, my digital art style is mostly cute and cartoonish with mainly bright colours. Now, my traditional art style is something entirely different: I just draw however I want to and there is not really a style I prefer, I’m still playing around with more realistic and more cartoonish styles, but I haven’t found my own style yet and I most likely never will, because I’m too lazy :joy::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

And feel free to give feedback or tips on how I can improve my art :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

6 Likes

AMazing!

3 Likes

I go with a more traditional are style and only really draw when I’m bored. I like to draw people (mainly their heads)

some recent drawings

These drawings I did earlier today

This one isn’t finished

I have more drawings but that aren’t with me atm.

6 Likes

i agree

2 Likes

My art style is non-existent so I guess it’s just whatever I feel like making :woman_shrugging:

Although I really wanna make a webtoon so gotta learn proportions first xD

3 Likes
Random stuff I drew

5 Likes

Bump!!

Remember that bumps don’t help to actually bump a thread. You have to add something to the thread to continue a discussion. If you were the last person to post, then maybe tag the @Artists and ask them if they want to comment on your post or even add their own art explanations.

6 Likes

So, now my art style is just drawing cute animals because I gave up on realistic art… I’m still kinda experimenting with shading because it still doesn’t look right to me, but I’m slowly getting bette at outlines and I’m trying to change the way I draw eyes a bit, so they won’t all look the same :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

3 Likes

So does anyone else want to explain their art? :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

I mostly just draw things loosely based on styles that I’ve seen and liked :thinking:

1 Like

Colorful but not too bright, sometimes I pour my current feelings into art, like, when I feel empty, I draw emptiness.

Some Drawings.

Drawings Made from Emotions I felt -

Empty

Falling Apart ( **Gore and Blood** )

Boredom and Tiredness

Basically wanting change.

Losing Control of Yourself

3 Likes

I love these! It’s also cool that they all look so different. :dizzy:

1 Like

Haha! Thanks! idk why my art is kinda flexible

1 Like