Explaining my fear of dogs

@elixr and I were talking about how she’s afraid of cows because of their horns, and that made me remember why I’m afraid of dogs. I was four, and my dad was holding my hand and walking the dog, which jumped at another dog. My dad let go of my hand, and I was knocked down, cutting my eyebrow open on a curb. I now have a scar, and a fear of dogs. Now, I also was told a story that happened to my mom. She was a child at the beach, and she was going towards the water without my grandparents seeing. A huge Dobermann or Rottweiler grabbed her, putting its jaws around her neck and pulling her away from the water. It saved her life, but still…nope. No thanks. W do have two dogs, but I’m used to them. I just steer clear when they’re excited.

3 Likes

Um yeah, dogs are a no too.
I hate it when they sniff me or try to bite meee
Ik they’re friendly but IM SCARED :sob::sob:

1 Like

1 Like

Aw so cute!! :pleading_face:

1 Like

They are. Well, not when they’re excited or Phoebe tries to bite me for no reason.

1 Like

:grimacing: yeahhhh nope

1 Like

Exactly. I’m also not a fan when they bring dogs into work. I was stapling papers, and I hear a lady come in with dogs, and she asked if She, meaning me, likes dogs. Without missing a beat, I say “No I do not. Please keep them away from me.”

1 Like

Lol what happened later was awkward, huh?

1 Like

What?

1 Like

I didn’t even stop stapling.

1 Like

Ohh

1 Like

I even refused to pet a puppy. I might have Cynophobia…

1 Like

But you have two dogs…

1 Like

I know. It’s still possible. I’m still uneasy around them.

1 Like

I’m kind of afraid of dogs because when I was 2 years old, I was playing with a dog, and it bit me because I pulled its tail.
Then there was a bad experience with a mean dog across the street from my childhood home that would always run towards me and bark like a maniac whenever I got too close to that yard.
Years ago, I couldn’t even walk down a street if there was a dog outside because I was afraid it would run towards me and attack me. I’m not really that afraid anymore, but I’m still hesitant around people’s dogs for the first time.

1 Like

I’m always hesitant around them.

We went to my Aunt’s, and both my aunt’s and grandma’s dog’s would be there. I was ok after meeting them, but I was having a panic attack on the way there.

Closed due to inactivity