Fan made Animatics

An animatic is clips produced by shooting sections of a storyboard and adding music. I quite enjoy watching fan made ones on YouTube, and I have been introduced to new music, which is always great. I mainly watch animatics that are about fandoms I’m in, such as Creepypasta. Have you heard of them?

4 Likes

I have always wanted to do one but I’m not good enough at drawing yet

1 Like

I’ve already made plans with Marie to draw one for Westeria if it doesn’t die. Maybe you can help

We’ve already picked out a few songs

3 Likes

I can try!

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to make an animatic, but I have no idea how :pleading_face:

1 Like

I use Adobe Animate on PC, Alight Motion on mobile. Both work for creating scenes and animations alike

3 Likes

oh what, really? :eyes: are they freeee

1 Like

Oohh!

2 Likes

Right, none of those are free, but you can jailbreak Alight Motion on an android device for free ~

I would suggest Krita, Toon Boom Harmony (free version), and Pencil 2-D for PC

For mobile, you have KineMaster, CuteCut, and Flippaclip, but they all leave watermarks. Images should be imported from Ibispaint X. At that point, if you can’t jailbreak, just get Krita on a PC.

Or just work with me for the animation. Everyone in the Westeria animatic will just be sending me roughs that I’ll trace over in Adobe Animate.

2 Likes

Ugh. This might be a problem.

2 Likes

ooooo i might try that sometime!!

thank you so much for all of the suggestions! I have procreate, I just am not sure how to add the drawings to the music and make it all a video?

omg you’re making an animation?! That’s so coollLLLLlll

As long as the watermarks aren’t an issue, I know you have ibispaint X

You have Procreate? That’s like the ultimate mobile art platform!!! Mate, why are you asking for free apps? You can draw hella cool things and animate on that platform alreadyyyyy

Goto youtube for all the tutorials, plenty of free courses there

And I already have a few animations on my YT channel, but they’re all old

2 Likes

Yessss I do :flushed: SJkdkdkkw omg yay I feel special!
I was asking because I wasn’t sure which apps would work for putting together / adding music to the animatic and I have no more money for apps XD

oooh okay I will check out Youtube! I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAVE A CHANNEL- Can I subscribe?

1 Like

I don’t really like watermarks, but maybe I can crop it.

1 Like

Procreate can literally do anything, you will not find a better mobile app for anything art related. Everything is settled; just look up tutorials. Seriously, there are so many excellent artists that teach for free out there

I have to warn you about my channel, not everyone agrees with the content listed. Some of it is OC stuff so it’s not all bad.

You’d need another video editing app to crop it and that will leave a watermark ~

But I highly suggest you improve your art skills before doing an animation. That requires shots from many different angles and you only draw front-facing characters

2 Likes

Right, exactly. I have done some side views, but they’re not that great.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear!!! I’ll definitely check it out, thank you so much for your support :sob: it means a lot!!

:grimacing: oop… well that’s okay! I’ll still check it out, I really want to support you! There’s a few things I’m a bit sensitive with, but I can always click off it I feel that way! And I’m sure I’ll love your work!

1 Like

It’s just practice. I’m still down to help out if you’re on the discord stream. Bexs and I are already working on a Westeria comic thing as an example, we could do something simular.

I think you post in the Share Your Art section? If not, I’ll look out for future creations

You can’t go wrong with this video, but it’s a bit old ~

2 Likes

Nooo I’ve never posted :sob: but I should start!!

WOAH LOOKS SO COOL! I’ll watch it now! I follow you on Insta-your art is SOOOoOoOOo good!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m on Discord.

2 Likes