Fatal Familial Insomnia

Well, I’m about to scare the sh*t out of a lot of people. I apologize. I’m going to tell you about Fatal Familial Insomnia. Yeah, it’s pretty much what it sounds like. It’s EXTREMELY rare, like…fifty families, and is obviously fatal. They are caused by prions, the same things that cause Mad Cow Disease. It usually starts around age fifty, but can start as early as twenty-one or as late as seventy. After symptoms start, you WILL die, and that can take from seven months to three years. Basically, the symptoms are well, insomnia, psychological disturbances, weight loss and balance issues. The insomnia gets progressively worse, leading to dementia. Things eventually come to a head, and…you die. Yeah. Sleep well~ @Discussions

3 Likes

you know… I think I’ve heard of this before
You can’t ever go to sleep, like no matter how hard you try.

Also, why are you sharing this, Ouija? :pleading_face:

1 Like

I still dont even get what it is.

2 Likes

Here, let me get an article. It’s really strange.

1 Like

Oh, I just found it terrifying and knew it needed awareness. Trust me, I don’t have it.

1 Like

Hope this explains things better.

1 Like

Bruh I watched something about this from an ASAPScience video and it still scares me to this day

2 Likes

It’s terrifying.

1 Like

I think I learned about this from YouTube, but I can’t remember.

It sounds like it is a stepping stone to dementia.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it is.

1 Like

You think so? Oh, I thought you were speaking from the experience of knowing someone with then illness.

1 Like

Oh, no. I don’t know anyone with it, thank god.

1 Like

Phew. That’s a relief.

1 Like