Favorite Podcasts?

I’m super into podcasts, maybe I’m not the only one. Originally got into them because of Serial, but it kinda put me off true stories, so I tend to listen to fiction or for non-fiction, it’s either like interviews/celeb gossip or science-y/knowledge ones.

Right now, I’m listening to an apocalyptic one with Rami Malek called Blackout that’s an amazing mix of adventure and mystery. Super well-done, with very relevant themes for the political and technological climate today.

Some of my favorite podcasts are:

Non-fiction
Science Vs. - great look at using many studies to debunk (or support) theories and preconceptions on everything from Antioxidants to Zika, even topics you might think about as “science” per se, like gun control and immigration

Dear Prudence - podcast version of the advice column with the amazing Daniel Mallory Ortberg (anyone else read The Toast RIP or Texts from Jane Eyre?) who gives sensitive advice to sometimes insane problems…

Invisibilia - I haven’t listened to it in a while but omg, the episode called Flip the Script was honestly one of the most compelling stories I had ever heard about how flipping the script - acting the opposite from your natural instinct - can be amazing. Like in Denmark where police officers were fighting Islamic radicalization with a mentorship program. Honestly, this episode made me think about my reactions (especially online where I’m more in control) and how to try to control them… Another amazing episode was about a blind bicyclist called Becoming Batman.

Sooo Many White Guys - Honestly, just hilarious and fun and I am obsessed with Phoebe Robinson. All of her guests are amazing and there’s only one white dude allowed per season haha. Just an irreverent look at everything!

B•tch Sesh - more on the lowbrow side, but this comedy podcast is what got me into Real Housewives and got me to appreciate reality TV for being the only place where multiple 50-60 year old women are the stars without a man in sight (thinking about the best franchise, NYC whose housewives are all divorced/widowed)

Who Weekly - a podcast about the “celebrities” du jour (aka nobodies or “whos”) who seem to be in every gossip magazine. I would never buy an Us Weekly, but I would listen to these two hilarious people talk about like the College Admissions Scandal haha

Fiction - perfect for this time of the year because they tend to be a bit scary tbh. I don’t like gore, but I love suspense and imagining it!

TANIS - mix between fact and fiction where the lines are blurred between urban legends and this scary entity or power that keeps coming up in ancient texts…

The Black Tapes - Another scary mystery that I think I’ve forgotten enough of to listen to again!

Darkest Night - Science fiction horror almost anthology with connecting conspiracy threads

Honorable mentions:
Sandra, How I Built This, S-town, My Favorite Murder, Natch Beaut, Homecoming, Glowing Up, Forever 35, Dr. Death, Dirty John, Call Chelsea Peretti, The Walk, The Pitch, The Daily, The Magnus Archives, The Bright Sessions, Wolf 359

3 Likes

Casefile. :heart:

2 Likes

Looking this up now!

2 Likes

Critical Role :eyes:

2 Likes

Bump.

Anyone got any good podcast recommendations? :white_heart:

1 Like

The Tablo Podcast. Absolutely hilarious, wholesome and profound all at once.

1 Like

Still love the podcast. Haven’t finished it but it’s awesome!

1 Like

Sword and Scale

1 Like

On a true crime binge and just finished To Live and Die in LA and it’s very sad about an actress who goes missing in LA and Root of Evil which was insane about the Hodel family and the possible murderer patriarch who probably killed the Black Dahlia in LA in the 1940s.

1 Like

Just finished Limetown and I looooved the first season so much! There’s also a Facebook tv show based on it, gonna see how that stacks up.

Holy crap, just finished The Program Audio Series - ‎The Program audio series: You had me at "Hello World" on Apple Podcasts

And it was insane. A look at what would/could happen if a mysterious app that supersedes laws, borders, and money takes over the world and turns it into a completely different place.

Mile Higher Podcast :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hahaha, Kendall & Josh are goals.

I don’t listen to a lot of podcasts but I do enjoy listening to TED talks and motivational stuff and self improvement stuff. Or pods where you can learn something from, mainly psychology or human behavior. History is interesting too.

True crime stories and Supernatural with Ashley Flowers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I also love Jenna and Julien!

1 Like

I don’t listen to podcasts :sweat_smile:

I like listening to science-y stuff a lot of the time, though :thinking:

Added opinion tag :sparkles:

Simply podlogical, lights out and mile higher podcast. :eyes:

Added the #favourite tag! :sparkles:

I recently started listening to Rotten Mango and I’m obsessed