Favourite childhood books

Who also remembers Living Books? You know, you play & read the story on the computer?

Do you have any images of that? It’s in greek

This one?

1 Like

Noo, not that one

My bad!

1 Like

It’s fine :+1:

Considering how much time I spent in the library, I’m pretty sure I read a lot more than I remember.

I remember reading Meg Cabot’s lesser known books but I’m pretty sure I read more of R.L Stine’s Goosebumps than anything else. I had a friend who used to read them as well and we’d always talk about our theories which was pretty fun.

Although I usually read them at my creepy house at night so no wonder I was afraid of everything for years. They’re probably not that scary now but a scary setting with horror books isn’t a smart thing to do.
– Still not scarier than Courage the Cowardly Dog.

2 Likes

Aha man I used to be scared of Goosebumps when I was a kid.

1 Like

Really? Me too, but now i just loove slappy :heart_eyes: he is such a cute little dummy

I loved goosebumps and Michigan Chillers.

1 Like

I loved…

• Junie B. Jones series
  • Ready, Freddy series
  • Rainbow Magic series
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
  • The Magic Treehouse series
  • Harry the Homeless Puppy

I’m feeling nostalgic now :joy:

Vaguely. I can’t remember who wrote that story and I don’t remember reading that.

I remember this one time when video cassettes existed, my dad somehow recorded this program which was on the same cassette as Jungle Book (it was in a yellow video cassette). This program had 5 story books but they were read in Bengali and I used to be addicted to watching this all over again because I liked the stories in it. It included:

• Katie Morag & The Tiresome Ted
  • Not Now Bernard
  • Kimmi and the watermelon
  • Maybe It’s A Tiger
  • The Paperbag Princess

After they were all finished, it played Jungle Book (talking about Disney). Jungle Book was definitely the film to bait me into eating (basically my grandma and parents had to play it in order to get me to eat my meals).

Mine were The Babysitters’ Club, Girl Talk, Sweet Valley Kids/Twins (NOT Sweet Valley High; could never get into those), Cupcake Diaries, Dork Diaries, Sleepover Friends, Best Friends, and basically any girls series books I could find at the library.
I also loved the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. My favorite was Ramona Quimby, age 8. I lived in the U.S. as a kid, and it was easy to find all these books in the library.
Unfortunately, public libraries aren’t very popular in Mexico, so finding these books I loved as a kid (and still love) is very difficult.

Bump

Added a books tag

I read lots of Astrid Lindgren, H.C. Andersen and The Grim Brothers when I was young.

From Astrid Lindgren my favorite books were The Brothers Lionheart and Mio, My Son (my favorites of the film adaptations differ though). Christopher Lee played the evil dude in Mio, My Son and it was some weird Baltic/Soviet production lol.

From H.C. Andersen I loved The Snow Queen and The Emperor’s New Clothes!

1 Like

I still have books I was reading when I was little! Like Still There, Clare by Yvonne Prinz or The blue horse by Marita Conlon-McKenna!
And I loved Nina the girl from the sixth moon series by Moony Witcher and Faire Folk Trilogy by Gillian Summers!

2 Likes

My favorites would be all the Roald Dahl books and the Magic Treehouse series!

I also loved a lot of the Grimm’s fairytales, although they’re… kinda dark…

1 Like

as a little kid i loved a story where it was like abt the animals in the jungle and me and my brother would literally but not literally shirt ourselves laughing when we made the animal sound effects

when i started reading more serious books i just loooooooved “the twits”-roald dahl and i still have ma copy in a lil drawer

2 Likes