Favourite childhood books

What were your favourite books during your childhood? Mine were:

This story was a total classic. It’s about a boy named Bernard and yes, you can guess that his parents didn’t bother paying any attention to him. So you could say that this story was pretty dark.

This franchise was pretty funny. It’s about a monkey named Willy and yup, the message of this story is very self-explanatory.

My absolute favourite! Such a cute story too.

Fun story where we learn about zoo animals

Pretty sure my fellow Brits will remember this story haha

We all remember this one, don’t we? We also can relate to this.

7 Likes

This is gonna sound pretty weird but the earliest book I remember loving was actually Tolkien’s The Hobbit

1 Like

Oh my goodness these bring back my childhood my Mum had to buy 3 copies of the very hungry catipillar because I kept chewing on them :joy:

Honestly I used to love the Charlie and Lola books.

2 Likes

I had a lot of favourite books, but I never new the name of most of them :sweat_smile:
The only one I remember the name of is Amixipi by Safi Nidiaye

1 Like

Mine is probably Adventures of Emil, i think that’s the title, by Astrid L.

1 Like

a few of mine

I liked the Gruffalo, the Rainbow Magic Books (Ruby the Red Fairy) and Jacqueline Wilson books like Double Act

3 Likes

I recently donated all my Jacqueline Wilson books to the primary school near me, I had almost all of them :joy:

1 Like

I had a lot of books that I enjoyed but the three books that I enjoyed so much and still love now are:
-Also the very hungry Caterpillar
61S483M4YBL

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, Handa’s Suprise! I remember reading that book every time I visited the library, I never had the chance to buy it though haha.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember a book called “Happy to Be Nappy”? I still have mine lying around…

Oh my chocolate yes! The very hungry caterpillar! Also when I was younger I remember lovinggggg and still love the classic goodnight moon

2 Likes

I loved the Nancy Drew books. As soon as I finished the first one and saw a checklist of 50 or so more, I was hooked. I love checklists!

1 Like

I remember reading this series as a kid. I first picked it up in my school library.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, those legends :joy:

1 Like

Magic Treehouse series, Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Deep, Dark, and Dangerous, The Girl With Silver Eyes, and Everyday Angel were my favorites back when I was 5-7.

1 Like

Ok, imma just cryy

There was a kids book about a haunted house, it contained witches and skeletons, it was incredibly scary. This is forever my favourite book and is deep in my heart

What is it called?

1 Like

I don’t remember, something like “The haunted house” but it only read a few words and showed amazing pictures

1 Like

Is it Harry & The Haunted House?

1 Like