Favourite musical artist

We have a thread for our favourite bands but this one is just for solo artists! I have quite a few and I will tell you why I like them while linking a song by each which I love.

Disclaimer: this thread is not the opportunity to say mean things about either the musicians on this list or the music taste of each other.

1. Andy Black, I like his solo music because even though it is very different from bvb I still like that kind of music, it’s very relatable since he deals with themes of social anxiety I have been a fan of Andy for a while and actually cried when the actions of my ex best friend meant I couldn’t see him live. (She kept messing me around then it sold out). Here is one of my favourite songs by him:
  1. Juliet Simms, now I need to word this in a way that doesn’t make me sound like a fake fan or something because I’m not! It’s just that I only really became aware of her music when she started becoming associated with Andy (they are married now) I definitely don’t only like her because she’s with Andy, that’s just how I discovered her. She had a career before she went on the Voice US (I don’t watch the show), I think she just wanted to expand her audience. But she has definitely worked and been through alot to be where she is, I was doing research on her and you find out she’s been through alot but anyway I won’t fill this thread with her life story. Admittedly at first I wasn’t a fan of all her music because I’m not a huge fan of acoustic rock, but I have really warmed to her style and I’m glad I found her. Here is my favourite song by her:
  1. Melanie Martinez, since I’m a huge rock fan it surprised me when I found myself drifting towards Melanie since her music is very pop orientated. The themes however are quite dark and the lyrics are very relatable. She’s also quite theatrical which kinda shows the amount of effort she is willing to put into her work. Here is my favourite song by her:
  1. Frank Iero and the cellebration, this was one of Frank Iero’s projects after MCR and I found I gravitated towards it slightly more than Gerard Way’s solo stuff because it was heavier and very sad :joy: now here is my favourite song by him:
  1. Gerard Way, I love quite alot of Gerard’s solo music. I find it quite calming and ethereal. It shows he is capable of more than just rock music since it has alot of britpop influences. He is no doubt a very talented man so it would be a crime not to include him. Here is my favourite song by him:

I do have more than this but consider them my top 5 :joy:

Once again with another disclaimer. Do not use this as an excuse to critisize the taste of others or the musicians on this thread.

Summary

@Music

10 Likes

God there are so many I can’t even pick
But I do know my heart belongs to Ed Sheeran, he’s on the top of the list no matter what musical list it is.
I also love Hozier, Passenger, Lorde and Lana Del rey, they all have different and somewhat unique music styles, and their voices… I mean damn.
The weekend is an amazing musician too, His voice is so amazing and unique too (it’s getting repetitive innit?)
James Arthur, Lewis Capaldi, Nicki Minaj, Xuitcasecity, Post Malone, Avril Lavigne, Demi Lovato, Beyoncé, Bon Jovi, Amy Winehouse… there’s so many I can’t even list them…

SO many

4 Likes

How do I even start?
This will also be pretty diverse…

Right now I think my favorite artist is Role Model. I discovered him a few months ago and I’m obsessed, he has some really good songs and I adore his voice and style.

And this… I think I’m in love

I also adore Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez and Halsey. They are quite unique and I’ve been listening to their music for the longest time. As well as Avril Lavigne and Pink, they were my favorite singers when I was younger!

I recently got into rap for some reason. So I like blackbeard, G-Eazy, Eminem, Machine Gun Kelly even Post Malone.
Lauv and Finneas are dope too! I also adore James Bay, Harry Styles, Gracie Abrams, Billy Raffoul, Ed Sheeran, Jeremy Zucker, Alec Benjamin, Tom Odell. Tom Odell was actually the first singer I’ve seen live and I still cry when I think about that…
Oh, Yungblud! He is also really unique and I love him so much.

2 Likes

P!nk is the first name that comes to mind. I also love most of Emily Sandé, Birdy, Lorde and Hoziers songs. But honestly in general I’m more someone who likes certain songs and not artists :grimacing:

2 Likes

Holy cow. Ummm

• Alec Benjamin (NOT Let Me Down Slowly)
  • Conan Gray
  • Billie Eilish??? Idk kinda
  • Ed Sheeran
  • I know they aren’t solo but Dan&Shay?
1 Like

This is a hard one. I’m such a huge fan of Nobuo Uematsu for his unique sound.
But then Masashi Hamauzu has an equally unique sound? It’s just a bit more modern.

I think it has to be Masayoshi Soken though. Just because he’s never put something out that I dislike. Constant bangers

So many!

When it comes to pop/alt-pop, Marina and the Diamonds, Melanie Martinez, Sigrid, AURORA, Lily Allen, Billie Eilish, Au/Ra and Lorde. Especially Marina, Melanie and Aurora because of their creativity and how much effort they put into lyrics and visuals.

Then there’s all my favourite rap girls! Tierra Whack, Leikeli47, Rico Nasty, Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Kim, Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion a bit, REI AMI because I recently found her music and all of her songs are so good and Little Simz who is so underrated. I love all of them for different reasons. Kim and Nicki have clever wordplay and then Doja and Tierra have unique styles… I could go on for ages :sweat_smile:

And last but not least some R&B artists, iyla, Normani and RAY BLK :black_heart:

I also like Post Malone because he is very versatile as far as music styles. Also his voice is very calming… I kind of have a love-hate relationship with the song Psycho because the lyrics are complete nonsense but the melody and his voice are very relaxing.
Obviously Sunflower is my favorite and it just puts me in a good mood every single time I hear it.
And Circles has a great beat and lyrics that are very relatable to me… not in the way the song intended for it to be, but on so many other levels.

1 Like

Too many
But Ed Sheeran for sure

• Tori Kelly (I just like her voice)

• Solange

• Billie Eilish kinda?

• Washed out

• Otis Mcdonald

I like most of these artists because they make calm and interesting songs but I also need to listen to more artists.

Role Model still rules but man is Max Leone incredible and such a cutie

Okay, so everyone knows my favorite musical artist, who is also my role model is Billie Eilish. My write up was even published in an article online:

Here, I’d appreciate if you read it :slight_smile: :

https://www.glamandessence.com/top-nigerian-athleteenee-udo-obongs-daugtherzenatta-crushes-on-award-winning-artist-b-illie-eilish-writes-on-why-she-is-her-favorite-artist/#.Xw19hihKjIU

@Music

6 Likes

I’m just going to start typing and stop when I can’t remember names again…

Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Billie Eilish, Bmike, Girl in red, Aviva, Lorde, Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Lewis Capaldi, Michael Jackson, Ashe, Taylor Swift, Jay Z, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Migos(I don’t care what anyone says, I like their vibe), Dax, Demi Lovato, XXXTentacion, Panic! at the Disco, Eminem, Adele, 5 Seconds of Summer, Maroon 5, Backstreet Boys, The Beatles, Guns N’ Roses, Imagine Dragons, Queen, Arctic Monkeys, Destiny’s Child, The Pussycat Dolls, One Direction, My Chemical Romance, The Chainsmokers, BTS, Twenty-One Pilots, Surfaces, Mary J. Blige, Lizzo, Kehlani, G easy, and so many more

1 Like

Like Ashlyn Rae? I love her songs

Ooohhh

1 Like

Yeah.

Quick Tip: Don’t search Ashlyn Rae without the willison, you’ll find a po**ograher

Still Ed Sheeran :eyes:

What about y’all @Music

also added #opinion tag

3 Likes

Avril Lavigneeeee

3 Likes

I love her too.

1 Like

I have too many :star_struck: :gun:

1 Like