Favourite Musical/Stage Play

I just really like watching people sing and dance for me on stage what can I say :joy:

Rn I’m obsessed with muscials and stuff and my fave is probably

Sweeney Todd

? idk but I like it :joy_cat:

Stephen Sondheim is a beautiful man and I literally never get bored of any rendition of Sweeney Todd, which is why I happily sat through a high school steampunk version one time :joy:

Other musicals I like:

• Bat Boy
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • Into the Woods (1989 Bernadette Peters version :drooling_face:)
  • Shrek
  • Mean Girls (kinda)

And yes, I know how all of these make me look like a child but I like magic and hope what can u do :skull:

2 Likes

My lord and saviour Shrek :cowboy_hat_face::blue_heart:

2 Likes

i really, really like Hamilton (i know i’m basic) and the Lion King because it was the first musical i had ever seen on Broadway :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I like a lot of musicals, but my all-time favourites are Heathers, RENT, and Grease

2 Likes

Hamilton, Les Miserable, Falsettos, Book of Mormon, Be More Chill, Heathers, Phantom of the Opera, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Legally Blonde, Dreamgirls, Chicago, Hairspray, Wicked, Anastasia, Waitress, Company, Rent, Kinky Boots, Bring It On, Avenue Q, and Carrie (that’s all i could think of so… :joy::joy:)

2 Likes

O.M.G.

Somebody actually knows about the Carrie musical :scream:

1 Like

I only knew it cause I was an avid fan at Stephen King and I saw in the comments about the play and I was like “CARRIE HAD A MUSICAL?!? Omg I must see :joy:

1 Like

The musical was lit!! pun intended

2 Likes

Ya’ll thought I’m finished, lol.

Into the Woods, Hair, Funny Girl, Gentleman Prefer Blondes, Grease, Little Shop of Horrors, Wizard of Oz (yes I consider it a musical, ok?), Annie, Matilda, Spring Awakening, Hedwig, Anything Goes, The Great Comet of 1812 (kinda), Newsies (almost hitting me), In The Heights, Mamma Mia, Singin’ in the Rain, Westside Story, Cats, and Cinderella (impossible :joy::joy:)

(And all of this because I heard a song from Love Never Dies, and revived from the Hamilton… I still got a few more musicals that I have yet to discover, but interested. Sue me.)

3 Likes

Oh my gosh. That’s a lot

2 Likes

I know, i should stop :joy::joy:

1 Like

Cinderella
Matilda
Hamilton
Once On This Island (underrated)

1 Like

I actually can’t stand musicals… they irritate the hell outta me, I usually fast forward the singing if I watch Mamma Mia lol.
But, if I had to pick a favourite in that genre, is go with Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, just purely as Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are incredible actors and their on screen double act is amazing to watch.

Hamilton, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera are all some of my favorites. I don’t like the old timey musicals as much as the newer more modern ones

2 Likes

BLOCKED

Hey :slight_smile: Yesterday I saw a musical (Chicago) and I realized that it’s my 10th musical/opera that I’ve seen so I started making a list of the ones I want to see in the future.

Have you seen any musicals, operas, etc? Which one is your favourite? Or do you only see the ones that are on television? Which ones do you think are the worst?

1 Like

Phantom of the opera
Little shop of horrors
Heathers
:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I need to see Phantom of the opera, I love the music, but tickets are so expensive :weary:

2 Likes

I’ll perform it for you for free :joy:

Jk

2 Likes

Mean Girls (saw it twice when I lived in NYC, I think it grows on you… the first time I thought the songs were just ok, now I have distinct go-to faves like Apex Predator, Stop, Sexy, and Meet the Plastics- esp Karen’s part)

Book of Mormon

Hamilton (because basic)

Avenue Q

And I adore the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! Got my husband to admit he sometimes likes musical stuff with this + Avenue Q.

1 Like