Fighting Styles Anime Characters use

Anime characters in your usual animes where people fight will usually do a mix of things, so you can’t really pin point exactly what that’d be called in real life besides saying MMA. However, there are some more obvious cases, for example Spike from Cowboy Bebop uses Jeet Kune Do, the martial art style invented by Bruce Lee. Infact it could be said that Tanjiro from Demon Slayer references one of the teachings of Jeet Kune Do with the way he talks about water.

My favourite anime character who fights without magic is Maki from Jujutsu Kaisen, she can use literally any weapon and she’s lethal.

Now many fighting styles are also given fictional names so feel free to mention those!

@AnimeNerds

1 Like

Gon in HxH uses rock, paper, scissors…yep. And a fishing pole.

Edward Elric has a habit of transmuting his prosthetic into a knife. That’s awesome.

Idk what style most tokyo ghoul characters have, or My Hero, but I really like it. And Angels of Death!!

@AnimeNerds what about you? Do some of you know then fighting styles the animes I referred to use?

1 Like

Well, for Tokyo Ghoul and MHA, it depends on their Kagune and Quirk. They’re all super cool, though.

The ODM gear in AoT is super cool. They use it sorta like grappling hooks.

The gods in Noragami use Regalia, which are human souls that can turn into different weapons. Well, sorta. A girl fights with a fan.

Shizuo from Durarara uses whenever he has on hand…including cars, vending machines, and even a guard rail.

I really love God of Highschool renewal taekwondo

Stand battles from JJBA is peak.

I could get into the fighting styles of BSD characters, but I’d never finish.