Film: Revenge (2017)

So there is this pretty controversial film which is about a woman who is in a secret relationship with her married neighbour and they fly to a secluded desert which is very risky. It is one of these rape-and-revenge kind of films and somehow the film is somewhat a feminist film but I don’t get what has it got to do with feminism when there are idiots out there that have a habit of blaming the victim with nonsense like, “That’s what you get for being hot.” I’m pretty sure some of you may relate to that since people really do have a habit of defending creepy fools like that when they can’t take NO for a freaking answer!

Trailer:

2 Likes

I dont see how its woman empowering. its just a horror film in my eyes and about revenge. and the roles been reverse no one would think it was men empowering.

also dont defend creeps. if a guy ever says a girl deserves to be raped because she is pretty. tell him that he deserve to stap because he is an asshole

2 Likes

I don’t get what’s so empowering about this either. Like you said, it’s just one of these revenge movies (which is my go to) and it is strange how people had to bring feminism into this when it has nothing to do with feminism.

Like there are idiots that do defend creeps when a woman says no to him, when someone says no that means p**s off! It’s sickening that people victim blame the person who gets sexually harrassed or rape.

1 Like

This is by far the most disturbing film trailer i have ever seen…

I kinda wanna watch it now

3 Likes

You can watch it online and I forgot which one. If you wanna look for disturbing movies then I recommend watching SpookyRice on YouTube where he commentates on horror or thriller films.

Bump :eyes:

Didn’t they do these films in like the 70s?

1 Like

Yup but they do them now

1 Like

I thought they stopped.

Wow.

1 Like

Nope, they still go on. Yay!!

1 Like

Impressive :smiley:

1 Like

This film is not as gruesome as I Spit On Your Grave trilogy.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that one was… Super explicit

1 Like

But I would spit on anybody’s grave like that.

1 Like

I don’t blame her!

1 Like

Same here, these sickos deserve it!

2 Likes

Bang bang bang… Like Big Bang

I just read what you said above and yikes. :grimacing: I see what they’re trying to do but they failed to deliver it.

1 Like

Added film tag. :heart: