FINLAND ENDED HOMELESSNESS! - Discussion

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCXIu8bhwFv/?hl=en

My Thoughts

Homelessness in Finland costs more than just stopping it, so Finland made a great decision got morally and financially. I hope a lot of other countries follow up (namely, the U.S). Must be nice living in a country who cares

What are your thoughts on the subject?

• Do you think this is a good moral decision?
  • Is this a smart financial decision?
  • How do you think this will help in the long run?
  • What are you hoping for after this?

@Mouschi @Estelle @ShanniiWrites @Alexei @Phoenix @Rainbow @katabasis

5 Likes

This is amazing! It’s a great moral decison, and financially it’ll be greater in the long run. However, recall, Finland is a small country and to take that to a scale of one as large as the US would take a lot more. Often people criticize bigger countries for not stopping it but (not saying they can’t do it) it’ll take a noticably larger amount of work and it will probably take a very long time.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t blame the US that much because there is currently 250,000 homeless here and only around 5 thousand in Finland

That being said, even if the US doesn’t completely end homelessness, I hope they at least remove some of it or even prevent it all together

3 Likes

I’m with you here! I hope they do make some efforts on it at the very least.

2 Likes

Finland is really on their king s–t right now. I’d move there but I’m concerned bout racism and homophobia :joy:

6 Likes

Omg, Finland is amazing :heart_eyes: I always heard about how great their school is!

@liyahsdiamond I don’t think they’re very racist or homophobic. Absolutely not homophobic :sparkles: However it’s not very diverse. And they might believe in some stereotypes because of it, but I’ve never heard of that really. (It’s not worse than where you live now :wink: just a bit more sheltered).

However, Finland never help out much with refugees and I don’t know how they did with beggars :thinking:

I know that countries looked down on Sweden to take so many refugees from Syria and stuff like that. It’s easier to just look out for one’s own :woman_shrugging:t2: I don’t know… they say you have to help yourself before helping others but I don’t know :nerd_face:

Anyways, an awesome country!

4 Likes

Are there any people from Finland here? :heart_eyes:

I’m interested in hearing y’alls opinion!

2 Likes

This is amazing, I WISH MY GOD DAMN COUNTRY WOULD DO THIS!!!

2 Likes

bump :no_mouth:

1 Like

What about sexism? :eyes:

1 Like

I think it’s pretty good in all the Nordic countries. Of course there are stuff to work on but it’s definitely not a bad place to live. The only thing would be that it’s not very diverse and in some groups you might stand out (I’m saying this from experience :laughing:). But from what I’ve seen they’re pretty cool in Finland. They managed to stay free from Soviet which is a pretty awesome achievement.

1 Like

I’m suspicious of any country that keeps their mouths shut on sexism :joy:

1 Like

Shut? I don’t know if it’s shut :joy: Is it?

1 Like

Is it?? O_o

1 Like

I actually don’t know but I guess everyone tries to do something about it in workplaces and society in general. I’m not sure about Finland in particular but I would say that they’re progressive, I have no clue though.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity