First video game you felt was a work of art?

What was the first video game you felt was a work of art, not just something to play for fun?

For me I think I would be kingdom heart 3

@Gamers

4 Likes

Minecraft

3 Likes

Silent Age. It’s a simple point and click game available on Play Store and very interesting, definitely recommended. It has Part 2 also, but it’s Paywall so I haven’t played that, haha.

2 Likes

Persona 5 :pleading_face:

I mean not that I’ve played it with the little money I have but I’ve seen a gameplay okay :eyes:

2 Likes

The last of us

3 Likes

Yes. And Sally Face. You knew it was coming.

I’m not really sure…

Genshin Impact. I mean…wow.

Honestly probably Final Fantasy 10, aside from being gorgeous and having amazing music the story is also just so good and makes me super emotional.

@Gamers what do you think?

1 Like

Life is Strange

It’s a fun question. It does really dig into what we need to define as art. Since playing something for fun can be the same as browsing a museum for fun, but the pieces there are still unequivocally seen as “art”. I would probably draw my arbitrary line at a game being more of an artistic expression or statement than a functional piece of entertainment though that’s not a fully formed divide either.

My answer would then probably have to be Silent Hill 2. The game that made me realise games don’t need to be fun, enjoyable or even fully functional to be masterful

1 Like