Flesh Out Your Characters

Getting back into my replies… Sorry for the delay, guys.

Ouijaloveletters

What makes him so skittish?

What was so wrong with her mother? Why did she want/need to escape?

Why and how does that make her vulnerable?

Why does she like soda so much?

OhSumana

Why is he so fond of ice cream?

Why is that?

Love it. HAHAHAHAHA

Quinn32

Why does she like them so much and when did she discover her love for burritos?

Littlefeets

What made this particular birthday with his mum so special, aside from 'cause she was alive? There are probably many memories for him to choose from with her but why this one.

astxrism

Can you give an example of how he has been easy to provoke?

Why a producer of music over any other sound or musician-type job?

Sure, but why?

Can you name some she enjoys, aside from the dance?

Meekepeek

Where’s that, where is home to her?

Is there a story to either of these that you can share?

Love how it’s not a typical choice and fantastic reasoning.

Nil

Why is that is first choice to travel for just a bit of fun?

HEHEHEHEHEHE!

What’s a fruit jar?

Why does she feel that she belongs in France more than any where else? What calls out to her there, is it just her parents’ graves?

How does that work at school, how does she bully others?

5 Likes

It’s greenstread, the city where her mom lives, she lives with her Boyfriend and her friends.
It’s a made-up city but for her she finally found a place where she’s surrounded by people she trusts and she wants to have in her life for a long time.

The baby bunny was that during a date with her boyfriend, they found a baby bunny and just like me, her love for animals is bigger than her care about her allergy :joy:

The dead body was that when she was 14 years old, she was friends with some bad people, they were part of a gang and she only wanted to be with them to be protected. they found an old abandon and unused subway branch that had collapsed. they found a way to get in and just played around. Her ‘friends’ thought to pull a prank and locked her in a side room that had no lights. when she used her phone, she found the body of a girl that had been there for a long time, since then, she’s scared of being locked in a dark room on her own.

Regan is based a lot of myself, we share our spirit animal :joy:

2 Likes

It was a birthday where it was just him and his mom spending the day together, no interruptions with nothing going wrong. His mom didn’t have a boyfriend or husband at that point, so it was just the two of them having a day of fun, doing stuff there normally wouldn’t be time to do, for his birthday. Some of the birthdays from when he was younger, he can’t really remember, and of the ones he could remember, his mom either had work to do or she had a boyfriend/husband.

1 Like

Las Vegas is known for things like entertainment and shopping and such as well as the parties there, which Lyonrad might like because he likes to do things that a “normal man” should do. By “normal man,” I mean like the liberated people who does things recklessly.

It’s a mason jar, or just a normal jar, with mixed fruits in it.

Aside from her parents buried there, it’s where her family’s country of origin, which just makes her feel more comfortable being there.

Malaure only “bullies” those she really hates (those who got to her bad side), often just to annoy them She just throws offensive and sarcastic comments that she notices about that person.

2 Likes

I’d need Loraine to answer this himself I don’t guarantee that you’ll be convinced

960f6c8d5936e6ea51de6050715a99979e22a304_2_550x104

“First of all, thanks Sumana for letting me answer at least question without putting your words on my mouth. I’m very grateful.
(eyeroll)
“And to answer your question, Miss Calliope, Why shouldn’t I be? The sweetness of this heavenly creation, the way it melts in your mouth, the mouth-watering delicious divine taste… Ahh, simply wonderful! Just thinking about it makes me hungry right now, even though I just had lunch. Have I mentioned there are many manyyyyyy flavours to choose from? Not to mention, it goes with everything, in every season and anywhere. It’s portable, edible, adorable and lovable. Ice cream is a lifesaver and mood lifter when you feel upset and stressed, it’s also helps with sore throat. So why NOT, Miss Calliope?”

The breath-taking beauty. The picturesque lakes with crystal clear water surrounded with green grass, the red sky above your head and the first golden splendour on the whiteness of the mountains, THE BEAUTY IS TO DIE FOR!

4 Likes

Question Seventeen:

Does your character follow a religion? How much do their beliefs matter to them? If your character is from a fantasy world, what greater beings might the people of the world believe, even if your character doesn’t? How do these beliefs (or lack of beliefs) affect how they behave and treat other characters?

Question Eighteen:

What is their full name and what is the meaning behind it?

Question Nineteen:

Has your character ever been in love? Have they ever had their heart broken?

@Yomama, @Sophia1233, @BlondeGlassesGirl, @anon80318563, @L.C.R, @novella, @Littlefeets, @anon93806337, @Quinn, @phnx, @ChaoticDeluge, @katabasis, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @unsungcheerio, @Ouijaloveletters, @OhSumana, @Meekepeek, @astxrism, and @Nil

6 Likes

960f6c8d5936e6ea51de6050715a99979e22a304_2_550x104

Summary

Loraine happens to come from a Christian Family. But he has never been religious, and his busy life kept him detached from such things, so he’s not really aware of it well. And for that, he doesn’t follow or support any superstitions, is very open minded. And is a shameless flirt

His full name is Loraine Oliver Wellington.

Loraine doesn’t know but his name has a meaning. Loraine means - Famous Warrior/ more precisely, made famous in a war. And Oliver means - Peaceful.

He is in deeply in love right now with Regan, his fiancé.
But he has loved before and it was a girl named Violet who along with his sister’s ex, Carter has shattered both of the siblings’ hearts in pieces. Regan helped him a lot to glue the pieces back to their places, so he’s recovering.

2 Likes

Regan does not have a religion. She was raised with a slight catholic influence but neither her mother nor grandfather pressed hard on her using it as a way of life. It was more that if she wanted it herself, she would have a bit of understanding in the religious her family used to believe.

Her full name is Regan Rosaline Redwood.

Regan is usually a male name and so her mother gave it to her as her ‘father’ walked out because she was a girl. What Regan doesn’t know is that her mother knew the gender of her miscarried baby and that he was going to be a boy. Philip and Christy had been arguing between Andrew and Regan as their son’s name. Christy (Regan’s mom) wanted Andrew as a reminder of her father, but Philip wanted Regan.
Though Christy will never tell this story to Rey, she named her Regan to rub into Philips’s face that ‘this is the child you always wanted, but it isn’t yours’.

Rosaline was the girl name Christy wanted to give her in case Regan didn’t like her name. She wanted to give her a name with more options. It could be Rose, Lin, Aline, Saline or just Rosaline.

She’s been in love twice of which she’s currently in one that’s going to last.
Her first time being in love was, when she thinks back, just a one-sided love. His name was Chad and he didn’t like her, he just used her. He hoped that being her girlfriend would keep her from going to the police about their actions. After Regan’s grandfather died because of Chad and his friends being chased by the police, did Regan confront them and Chad took it upon himself to tab her in the back, both figuratively and literally speaking.

After that, she didn’t believe in true love anymore. All she has ever seen love do was hurt people and one part of the love walking away from the other, both to her mom and herself.

Only until she found Lor did she slowly start to open up to the idea of true love existing after all.

1 Like
                              Alexa Bowman

:joy:

I mean she discovered she loved it when she went to Taco bell all the time and she just liked the taste of it. She’s vegan so she it’s vegan burritos all the time.

I mean yeah, She’s a Christian and it affects the way she treats people because she has learned from the religion that you should treat people how you would treat yourself and always be nice to others.

Alexa Pirate Bowman: Alexa is her first name and her brother always liked to called her pirate so her parents just added the name because they thought it would be fun! Bowman is her dad’s name.

She doesn’t fall in love easily but she has been in relationships and gotten her heart broken yes. Which has made her have a different perspective of love in general.

Who is the closest person to your character?

Her brother is her best friend

Alexa

2 Likes

World: Modern fantasy

FC

1. He’s not close to anyone. He’s the wanderer type, traveling from place to place looking for mostly redemption.

2. The graveyard where his fiancée was buried. He would go, to simply pay his respects and mourn her. He would also struggle to make the decision to go because he doesn’t want to relive what happened.

3. N/A

4. Meeting his then girlfriend, he doesn’t like to talk about it, going on his first date with her.

5. I would have to say his eyes, as for his body feature, his abs.

6. His girlfriend would call him Bulwark, because he was like a defensive wall protecting the weak and bullied.

7. He’s had a few busboy jobs at local restaurants, mostly just looking to make enough cash to get to the next town, where he repeats the process.

8. With his military training and coolheadedness, he’s pretty capable of defending himself and others without using his powers. He gets in bar fights every now and then usually over stupid guy stuff.

9. Calling people “kid”, he picked it up from his strict father who only called him “son” as a sort of reward. He will call people this even if they’re the same age or older out of habit.

10. This one isn’t in his pocket, but he does always wear a little golden heart locket with a picture of him and his fiancée on one side and just a picture of her on the other. It was hers, so he rarely takes it off.

2 Likes

Reading this… sorry to be late again.

OhSumana

Why not? How does that make you open-minded? Also, what keeps him busy and detached?

HEHEHE. The capital of New Zealand.

Meekepeek

If that’s what she was raised, why weren’t they pressed to have her follow it?

WOW! Now that’s a lot of detail behind that name.

What did he do?

Quinn32

Vegan burritos are a thing?

Bluecookies

He’s never ever been close to anyone at all?

That sounds like he was close to someone?

I like that. That’s a good quirk for a character.

2 Likes

Question Twenty:

What sense do they most rely on?

@Yomama, @Sophia1233, @BlondeGlassesGirl, @anon80318563, @L.C.R, @novella, @Littlefeets, @anon93806337, @Quinn, @phnx, @ChaoticDeluge, @katabasis, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @unsungcheerio, @Ouijaloveletters, @OhSumana, @Meekepeek, @astxrism, @Nil, and @Bluecookies

2 Likes
Korbyn Walker from the X-men Rp

I’d say Korbyn relies on her vision, as she has excellent eyesight from the raven DNA.

1 Like

Why does she rely on it?

It happens to be her strongest sense along with her hearing. Her sense of taste and smell isn’t that great, so she can’t really rely on those.

1 Like

Why though?

1 Like

She’s essentially part bird, and most birds have excellent eyesight to help them find prey. When her X gene activated, she discovered she could actually turn into a raven.

He has but I thought you meant living. Like close to anyone alive.

1 Like

In their eyes a belief isn’t something you should force but something of free will. (plus that’s how I’ve been raised).

He’s a criminal. He was part of the ‘next generation’ for a gang called Red Lily which was an elite group of younger people who had a lot of potential to make it big in the gang. Regan wasn’t as involved so they feared that at some point she would betray them.

There isn’t a specific sense she uses the most. It mostly depends on the situation. She uses hearing and sight a lot when she’s in trouble but she uses the sence of feeling more in a different situation :smirk:
But without making it weird (or at least trying), for her feeling the person she cares about friends, family or lovers, is very important to her. Especially when something has happened, embracing them and feeling their presence close to her, is really important.

1 Like

My cactus… :joy:

1 Like