Foods you didn't like as a child but do like now

Our tastes change alot as we grow up so when we were younger we might not have liked certain things which we are now relatively fond of. I still hate vegetables. But I found I like dark chocolate quite alot.

What about you guys?

5 Likes

Oh, there is nothing I didn’t like as a child but do like now. It’s the other way around sadly…
There is not much I like to eat, I’m so so so picky

2 Likes

Mushrooms and avocado!!
Still not a vegetable person though :joy:

1 Like

I used to hate, absolutely hate mango, but it’s one of my favorite fruits now. Also I never liked potatoes that much but I’ve started liking them more and more…

1 Like

I didn’t like eating the egg white when I was younger. I only ate the egg yolk.

And Tomatoes .

Century eggs.

But there are more food that I used to like as a child but not know, like raisins, bell pepper, mushrooms, etc.

I didn’t like water for a few years as a kid haha
I didn’t like how it didn’t taste like anything so my parents would have to force me to drink it. I still didn’t drink enough then, so now I practically never feel thirsty, so I’m still not drinking enough water :eyes: :joy:

Eggs :yum:

Ye heathen

And you called Rainbows taste wrong :joy:

1 Like

I was a very fussy child :eyes:

1 Like

I still am a fussy child but an adult

1 Like

Ketchup… I still prefer other dips when eating fries, but I’m okay with ketchup now, and I hated it as a kid :yellow_heart:
Broccoli… for years I didn’t like it because I didn’t know how to cook it, and my mom overcooked it and put lemon juice and olive oil on it… but now I sautee it with butter and chicken salt, and it actually tastes pretty good :sunflower:

Pineapple! I never liked it but it’s actually so good.

I think I actually liked more food when I was younger, I rarely eat any fish or a few other things that I ate more as a child

Garlic in my food

Potato salad :sweat_smile:

Sausage

Broccoli :hugs:

I didn’t like lady fingers/okra for some reason…

:leaves: Added some tags :leaves:

Personally, my tastes have fluctuated quite a bit since I was a child, in both progressive and ‘regressive’ ways (apparently).

Due to the wonderful (/s) powers of masking, I was able to teach myself to eat unpleasant sensory foods without throwing a fuss about them, which isn’t a good thing, but at least I stayed out of trouble that way.
Although, apparently I used to like spicy food, as well as things like milk, most cheeses, sauce and other things. All of which I now refuse to eat/drink.