Foods you don't eat because of tradition or religion

I don’t actually have anything like this, because I eat whatever I feel like eating as long as I like how it tastes. However, I know that it’s a big thing for a lot of religions, so I’m curious to hear about if any of you all don’t eat things for religious or cultural reasons or if you don’t.

@/Foodies

6 Likes

I don’t follow any cultural diet, I’m not a vegetarian or anything.

3 Likes

Same here. (wink)

2 Likes

Nope! Nothing like that here

1 Like

Nope

Like, Judaism in general has so many food related rules and traditions, but I don’t follow any kind of religion so I don’t care :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

ikr

1 Like

Well in islam pork is forbidden, I can’t eat anything pig-related at all. I couldn’t even eat certain types of marshmallows because the gelatin has some kind pork based thingy in it I think. I can still enjoy bacon and sausage in other meat forms, and my parents sometimes get me halal marshmallows from Mecca, or from a market.

1 Like

Well, I avoid meat and other non-vegetarian stuff cause I’m a Hindu. I still avoid them and tbh, I don’t really like meat (DON’T COME AT ME)

2 Likes

The only things I don’t eat because of religion is anything with blood in it.
I remember in a Bible study group that I’m in, our teacher told the story of when she and a group of people went to dinner at the house of a family who had just become members of our church. They cooked a dish called ‘moronga’ (blood sausage) and everyone tried turning it down as politely as possible, until the family asked what was wrong. Someone explained that it’s against our religion to eat blood.

2 Likes

i dont have any :confused:

Its not really a religion… But i domt eat lamb because i cant stamd the thought of little lambs being killed… :pleading_face:

Wait, really?

1 Like

Yeah… they explained why, and it actually makes sense.

1 Like

Your Christian, right? Explain.

Basically because the life of all flesh is in the creature’s blood. Therefore, flesh may be eaten but blood should not.

Pork :eye: :eye:

Pork and all meat coming from pigs

Samesies. Nice to see a fellow Hindu here :eyes:

1 Like

Likewise!

Wait it is? :grinning: