Forum Island Discs: CoffeeAunt

This week our forum Island disc star is @anon80318563! You have a week to send me at least 7 songs but you can send me as many as you want! Enjoy :blush:

1 Like

Oh yes!!! :sunflower: :sparkles: :coffee:

Each of these songs have a special memory attached to them, and I’m putting them in chronological order of relevance in my life instead of chronological order of when they were released.

1. Don’t Let Go (Love) - En Vogue

This was my song when I was in 7th grade. I listened to it all the time and practiced singing it.

2. Too Much - Spice Girls

I was a big fan of the Spice Girls when I was 13-14. My best friend who lived two houses down from me used to come over to my house all the time, and we’d sing Spice Girls songs and pretend we were them. I think this was one of my favorites from all their songs. I also remember riding around in my dad’s car and listening to this particular song.

3. Diana Ross and the Supremes - Stop! In the Name of Love

I remember that at the end of 8th grade, our school organized a retro talent show, where everyone to dress up as a famous person from past decades. My friends and I decided to be Diana Ross and the Supremes, and we sang this song.

4. Paradise - The Temptations

When I was in high school, The Temptations movie came out, and I was obsessed with them that year (1999). There was even a Temptations forum that I belonged to and made a lot of online friends there. They have a lot of amazing songs, but this one brings back a lot of great memories.

5. I Like Making You So Happy - The Dramatics

This was another group I was really into in my later years of high school. They also have a lot of great songs, but this is one that brings back great memories.

6. Ola Odigoun Se Sena - Despina Vandi

This one’s in Greek. I lived in Greece for two years, and I remember coming home from one of my cousin’s weddings and listening to this song. I was sad about something that had happened, and this song fit my mood perfectly. It’s so sad, and now I always listen to it whenever I’m sad and feel like crying.

7. No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi

This song is in Spanish. I started listening to it shortly after breaking up with this guy I was in a relationship with for two years. It symbolizes new horizons in my life, as I had started getting back into writing and had an excellent story idea at the time. This song inspired that particular story I was writing.

8. Celebraré Tu Amor - Jesús Adrián Romero

Also in Spanish. It reminds me of a very happy time in my life back in 2010.

9. Something I Need - OneRepublic

The first year I started teaching middle school, my seventh graders introduced me to this song. I really liked it, and it also inspired a story I started writing in 2014.

10. Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars

This is another song I like a lot. When my students asked me to sing a song (during my second year of teaching middle school), I chose this one.

11. Reflections - Misterwives

After getting fired from a job I loved, I went through a depression that lasted months. This song came into my life shortly after getting hired at a new job that would change my life. (2016)

12. Alive - Hillsong

Such a happy song that reminds me of a great year, 2016.

13. September - Earth, Wind, and Fire

This song makes me so happy! We danced to it at a Christmas party at work in 2018, and I was so happy because things were going great in my life at that time.

14. Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee

Of course this one has to be on there! My nephews introduced it to me last year because it’s their favorite song, and it became my favorite song as well. I love this song. It reminds me of my sweet boys and all the great times we spent together. Listening to it gives me hope that we’re going to make new memories together very soon. :sunflower:

15. Circles - Post Malone

My quarantine song. I started listening to it right before quarantine began, and although it specifically talks about a romantic relationship, to me it holds a deeper meaning. Running in circles = being stuck in a situation that seems to have no end, wanting to rescue a friendship or family relationship that’s dying. It still makes me sad when I listen to it because it came during a very difficult moment in my life, but once everything returns to normal, I’ll be able to listen to it once again without feeling sad.

That’s all! I hope you guys enjoy my playlist! :sunflower: :coffee: :sparkles:

4 Likes

You have great taste in music.

1 Like

Here ya go sorry it took so long, you’ll be able to find it on the contents page of the playlists

Closed as new disc star soon