Forum Island Discs: Eclipseis

Our forum Island disc star this week is @novella! You have a week to send me at least 7 songs but you can send as many as you want! Enjoy :blush:

2 Likes

The queen devil of the island disc says good luck :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Oooh yay, okay I’ll start sending some in the next post! :blush:

Thank you, Queen Devil of the Island Disc

2 Likes

Uplifting/Self-Love Songs:

I Love Me — Demi Lovato

I mentioned this one literally yesterday or the day before, but had to bring it into this one! I think, especially because it was by Demi Lovato (from how much she said she went through in her documentary… and even after the documentary) makes it even more … impactful? That’s the right word, I think.

I Love Myself — Hailee Steinfeld

I think the title of this is self-explanatory (and I also love Hailee Steinfeld!)

Rather Be Me — Barrett Wilbert Weed

This definitely won’t be the last song from a musical (or even the last song from Mean Girls) but it has to be in this part because of the message it gives and Barrett’s voice!! Amazing.

S.L.U.T. — Bea Miller

I remembered this song in the middle of the night last night and have had it stuck in my head since. This is the first (and only) song I’ve heard by Bea Miller and I’m obsessed it’s amazing and I think it’s really well-written.

Strip — Little Mix

This song quickly became one of my favourite ever, as it’s not like anything I’ve really heard before and the message to it is incredible!!

3 Likes

Queen

1 Like

Music from Movie/TV Shows

Lucky — Glee

I don’t know why but I keep coming back to this video so many times because Sam and Quinn were one of the best couples and they weren’t even together for half a season. Their voices sound amazing together and they should have stayed together!!

The Riff Off — Pitch Perfect

Had to put this one in ahhh! Me and my friend always recreate the riff off at school and I love it so much!!

Lollipop — Pitch Perfect 2

As much as I want to say the second riff off… I think actually this one might be my favourite song from the second movie! This was the only Treblemaker song from the second movie and they deserved better! I’m not bringing up a song from Pitch Perfect 3… because that movie was awful.

Honey, Honey — Mamma Mia

One of the first songs I loved, this movie is my favourite and, unaware of the meaning to this song, 5-year-old me loved singing along to this. (This will not be the only song from Mamma Mia.)

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) — Mamma Mia

Have to add this one in because this was my favourite song to do on Just Dance!

The Name of The Game — Mamma Mia

This was the deleted scene from Mamma Mia but it’s one of the best scenes (despite it… not even being in the movie), because I am convinced that Bill was Sophie’s father.

Dancing Queen — Mamma Mia

I’m pretty sure everyone hates me because everytime we have family gatherings I play this song. Every. Single. Time. This song is amazing and this scene is incredible I love it all so much.

One of Us — Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

This is one of my favourite songs from the second movie, Amanda Seyfried’s voice is amazing and I think this sequel was done so well (considering it was 10 years later).

Why Did It Have To Be Me? — Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

I only really liked this song after watching the movie, and then I loved it. I love the catchy-ness(?) and how lively it is!
(I think that might actually be the last Mamma Mia song. I would literally have put the whole first album.)

Moving Too Fast — The Last Five Years

I was debating between ‘Moving Too Fast’ and ‘Shiksa Goddess’ but it might have to be this one! I love how fast it is and Jeremy Jordan is, of course, amazing.

A Part of That — The Last Five Years

Anna Kendrick is incredible, but I also really love listening to this because of the accompaniment! The background music is so well written and I’m obsessed!

The Other Side — The Greatest Showman

Unpopular opinion I don’t really like the movie but the music, especially this song, is obviously amazing and I love the choreography in it too!

You Are The Music In Me — High School Musical 2

Sharpay’s version of this song is so much better. Sharpay made every song better.

Now Or Never — High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Another unpopular opinion HSM3 was the best and this was the best way they could have started it.

I Want It All — High School Musical 3: Senior Year

This song never fails to bring out my inner-diva and it’s actually such an amazing song.

Scream — High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Ahhh this song and the video is so dramatic and it’s incredible haha.

High School Musical — High School Musical 3: Senior Year

I rewatched this movie recently and, for some reason, I actually almost cried, I think this was the perfect ending to the three movies.

She’s So Gone — Lemonade Mouth

This song is so empowering and Naomi Scott is perfect. I love this whole movie and all the songs but I think this one might be one of my favourites.

Wouldn’t Change A Thing — Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam

Very iconic song that had to be mentioned because of Demi Lovato, of course.

Locked Out of Heaven — Status Update

Despite the movie itself not being great, Ross Lynch and Olivia Holt’s version of this song is amazing!

2 Likes

Sad Songs

The Night We Met — Lord Huron

This one is always a sad one for me, maybe because of 13 Reasons Why but even without it I listen and almost cry everytime.

Hold On — Chord Overstreet

This song is incredible and I can’t help but think of Cory Monteith every time I listen to it. Chord’s voice is amazing.

Amnesia — 5 Seconds of Summer

Of course, this 5SOS song had to be included, old but still so good.

Ghost of You — 5 Seconds of Summer

I normally have to skip this song in their album because of how upset it makes me every time I listen to it.

These Four Walls — Little Mix

Had to mention this one, with the same explanation as the one above.

Towers — Little Mix

I love listening to this one, despite it being sad, because of the power in all their voices when listening to it ahhh it’s amazing!

Stone Cold — Demi Lovato

Obviously this one had to be there because of Demi Lovato and her vocals in this song OMG.

listen before i go — Billie Eilish

I was definitely quite late to listening to her music, I only recently listened to her album but now I did, it’s one of my favourites. This song almost made me cry listening to it.

Bruises — Lewis Capaldi

I think all of Lewis Capaldi’s songs are sad, but this one might be the best/saddest.

Wrong Direction — Hailee Steinfeld

I love how raw and stripped-back this song is. I love the melody and Hailee’s voice and the lyrics, it’s so good.

Exhale — Sabrina Carpenter

Sabrina Carpenter is one of my favourite singers, and this song is amazing and definitely relatable.

Yes!!

1 Like

stand back everybody, MUSICAL section incoming.

1 Like

Musical Songs

Take Me or Leave Me — Rent

I am absolutely obsessed with this song. The POWER in both of their voices is insane. I wish I was able to sing this, or I had someone to attempt to sing this with!

Watch What Happens — Newsies

Ahh everytime I listen to this I remember how good it is!! I did this song in my singing lessons and the musical is amazing I love it.

Dead Girl Walking (Reprise) — Heathers

Barrett Wilbert Weed’s voice is insane in this, and it’s the most intense scene in the musical and is always done so. well.

Only Us — Dear Evan Hansen

This song is beautiful it makes me smile every time I listen to it. Ben Platt and Laura Dreyfuss are amazing!!

You Will Be Found — Dear Evan Hansen

The message to this song (and… the whole musical) is inspiring and when everyone starts singing all together… chills. It is so powerful and I love it.

You’ll Be Back — Hamilton

… Kind of underrated? Jonathan Groff is incredible and this song is so funny and well-written, love it.

Non-Stop — Hamilton

OMG this is definitely one of the best on the soundtrack. At 5:48 when all the previous songs mashup, it gives me chills every time I love this one so much.

When He Sees Me — Waitress

I always play this song first when listening to Waitress, because Kimiko Glen is a powerhouse (especially when being lifted up by dancers on stage!). It’s very relatable and I love this.

Stupid With Love — Mean Girls

This song is a big fat mood and I love it. I actually love this entire album and would have put every song on here.

Someone Gets Hurt — Mean Girls

This song NEVER. GETS. OLD. Taylor Louderman is amazing but had to put Reneé Rapp’s version because… I mean, just listen to it.

Sexy — Mean Girls

‘I expect to run the world in shoes I cannot walk in’ - best line, ahh this song is funny but also with the empowering message underneath I love this.

1 Like

yes yes yes yes yes

1 Like

Yesss I’m playing it from here and very much enjoying myself hahaa

1 Like

Here we goooo

Next one soon!