FORUM MUSICAL: Mamma Mia! - sign-ups

On a small Greek island, Sophie dreams of a perfect wedding — one which includes her father giving her away. The problem? Sophie doesn’t know who he is! Her mother Donna, the former lead singer of the 1970s pop group Donna and the Dynamos, refuses to talk about the past, so Sophie decides to take matters into her own hands. Sneaking a peek in her mother’s old diaries, she discovers three possible fathers: Sam, Bill, and Harry. She secretly invites all three to the wedding, convinced that she’ll know her father when she sees him. But when all three turn up, it may not be as clear as she thought! Told through the legendary music of ABBA, Mamma Mia! has become a worldwide sensation that has audiences everywhere dancing.Now it’s time to bring this sensation to the forums and introduce to you the first-ever Musical on Shanniiwrites.

That’s right The Musical Theatre Cult is bringing you the first-ever musical on Shanniiwrites, this musical will be actually sung as well as partly acted by using audio-recording!

AUDITION INFORMATION

HOW TO AUDITION
To see all the available roles you can audition for click on the link below by “character information”. The dialogue as well as the songs for each character you will need to use in order to audition with can be seen under “Audition dialogue and text for the characters”. There you can see the lines you have to record as well as the song. You only have to say and sing the text that is written in the document it’s not intended for you to sing the entire song. You are allowed to audition for as many roles as you want as long as you submit a form for every character separately. Once the deadline hasbeen reached and all the auditions have been done you can join the “Mamma Mia Audition” PM. Where I will be posting all the audition entries as well as the poll.

HOW TO RECORD AND UPLOAD YOUR AUDIO
In the case, you don’t have a mic you can try to record your voice with the built-in mic that your laptop has as well as your phone. From there you can upload your sound file to Vocaroo website in order to turn it into a link. If you however prefer to use something else please PM about it.

7 tips to get the best audio quality with your phone
  1. Silence everything you don’t want your mic to record.
    Turn off any fans you have on and go to a quiet place to record your audio so we can hear you loud and clear.
  2. Put your mobile phone in airplane mode.
    You wouldn’t want a random call or pop-up notification to ruin your recording so it’s best to keep your phone on airplane mode whilst recording your audio.
  3. Minimize echo.
    If you’ve ever been inside a large public space or airy loft with bare walls and hard surface floors, you may have noticed a distinctive ringing sound called flutter echo. This phenomenon occurs when sound waves bounce back and forth between the walls, ceiling, and floor, making you less hearable. To combat this you can try to find a smaller room or put carpets on your hardwood floor.
  4. Block wind from reaching your mic.
    It is easy to understand the need for a quiet area to record. But people often forget that wind whipping into the microphone will impact the final recording. Ensure that wind is not a factor and if there is increased wind outside, head inside for a better quality sound.
  5. Use your earphones as a mic.
    Especially if your on your laptop or computer using your earphones as a mic can be very useful to you as it will be easier to pick up your voice that way.
  6. Control your mic distance
    Any kind of recorded speech is made up of a series of louder and quieter parts. For the loud parts of the speech, you should move further away from the microphone. Then, when you record the quiet parts, move closer to the mic. This will help even out the fluctuations in volume for the recording. Which will, in turn, reduce the amount of compression required for the audio file later.
  7. Control your breathing
    Breathing is another factor that can disrupt the cleanest recording. That is why it is important for you to learn to time your breathing while creating a recording. Make it a habit to turn your head away from the microphone every time you take a breath so the breathing isn’t picked up in the recording.

For more tips just type in “How to record your singing/audio with your Android/iPhone/Laptop etc…” on Youtube

HOW THE ROLES WILL BE DECIDED
Everyone is able to vote on who they think is the best fit for each character in a private PM that I will make after the deadline has been reached. Whether the eventual musical will be posted publically on the forums or privately in a PM where you can invite your friends to. Will be decided among the whole cast in order to see whether or not everyone is comfortable with releasing everything publically.

RULES

1 .Don’t permanently delete your vocaroo link before I downloaded the audio.I will PM you once I’ve done that so you can safely delete that link after if you want.
2. You are allowed to audition for as many roles as you want, but for each character, you want to audition for you need to submit a new form.
3. When coming up with a codename please use the same one for every character you want to audition for.
4. Please refrain from telling everyone your codename. The submission are meant to be anonymous in order to avoid bias.
5. Sent in your submission before the deadline or else you won’t be legible for any of the lead and-or supporting roles.

LINKS

Sign-up form: :memo:
Character information: :bust_in_silhouette:
Audition text for the characters: :speech_balloon:

SUBMISSION DEADLINE 2020-08-12T22:00:00Z

CREATORS CREDIT
@Fraud @novella @Caticorn @Sunflower.flow @Passionfruit @Unsungcheerio @phnx

SIDE NOTE: If you are someone who hasn’t auditioned but still want to take part in the private voting that happens in the PM send me a message and I will add you.

13 Likes

TAGS

The Musical Cult

@liyahsdiamond ,@unsungcheerio ,@Caticorn ,@phnx ,@astxrism ,@CerealKiller ,@sunflower.flow ,@novella , @passionfruit, @Fraud,@OceanPrincess768

Other people who I know like that like to sing

@Ouijaloveletters @Phoenix @Jass @/Eleanor_15 @ThatRandomCaraPerson

6 Likes

Love that :joy:

2 Likes

:man_dancing:t2::man_dancing:t2::man_dancing:t2:

2 Likes

Now let’s hope that said they wanted to audition for this thing actually audition :joy:

2 Likes

Yes :laughing: Else we would have a one man show… or 0 man show :smiley:

2 Likes

I wanna hear fraud sing again

2 Likes

Me too she has such a nice voice ! :pleading_face:

and to quote fraud from Musical Cult PM she did want to play “some guy” :joy:

2 Likes

Fraud is playing guys
Damn

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I’m not interested. Yes, I love to sing, but this isn’t it.

2 Likes

@anon68003072 join it I stg
Join join join :eyes:

4 Likes

Okay, that’s alright.

1 Like

I did alot of Mamma Mia! In my choir days.

5 Likes

I’ll have a think

5 Likes

Do it do it do it

4 Likes

Please do I bet you will be great ! And if you don’t like it you can always deny which voice you were because the whole thing will be anonymous anyways up until the announcement, but even then it’s up to you to decide wheter or not you want to out yourself as (INSERT CODENAME) :eyes:

5 Likes

Okay that sounds good :blush: it’s a really good idea! I’ll just have to see how I feel.

5 Likes

:eyes: don’t mind me I’m just lurkin

3 Likes

Do you plan on auditioning? :eyes:

2 Likes

Ew xD

Yes :joy: because they don’t sing so higghhhh

You’re taking things out of context :sob:

YAY

3 Likes