Freelance writing

HEYYO YOU CHOCOLATE CHIPS!

:joy::joy: okay in all seriousness I’ve been researching a lot about becoming a freelance writer and I really like the idea. I even created my writers resume which looks pretty good I’m happy about. So really I’m just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks? And I guess need a freelance writer for anything I guess I’m your girl with that :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I have a self published book but it’s bad, sorry.

It’s also on amazon. If you want a tip, don’t use amazon :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I want to look for it now. What’s it called?

2 Likes

Don’t use amazon to publish?? Thanks for the tip I was looking into them :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A freelance writer?

Yes girl. Yes!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

1 Like

Go for it.

1 Like

Thanks girl! Yeah I’m really planning on it just gotta figure out my first few jobs I need.

1 Like

Yay

1 Like

I think Manga and Comics are the best place to start if your a beginners. Working with foreign artists or just artists who don’t know how to write a story can add on to your resume when you want to go on for bigger things.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll be on the lookout with them then!

1 Like

Kito, it’s the first draft of my Wattpad story

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, this book is rough, but Amazon isn’t the best platform. It’s too massively oversaturated

2 Likes

My question is why would you ever use Amazon for it? :sob:

2 Likes

I didn’t know what else to use. This was 2016, everything else was used for sexual fanfiction at the time xD

3 Likes

Oh Deluge. :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

To be honest, realistically speaking, what else could he use to make money off his story straight away? Wattpad doesn’t offer money to most of their users.

And it’s really, really hard to get a publishing deal. Kito from then was too rough to be considered, tbh. It’s a lot better now.

5 Likes

We’re completely the same because I am in the process of learning to become a freelance writer (with the help of Google, of course). But, sometimes Google can’t be a help to me. I really want to work for myself and write whenever I’d like to, but I just need more information.

2 Likes

Same! I’ve really been using the heck outta goggle but most results that come up aren’t that helpful. But I really hope you find out what you need, and if you find something that’s really good for beginning freelance writers I’d be happy to hear about it too :joy:

2 Likes

I hope I find what I need too… I’m desperate from information :slight_smile:

2 Likes