Genealogy question

My third cousin’s great, great, great grandfather was part Native American and French, with a full Native wife. I definitely have French blood in me because of my last name. Is there a possibility I could have some Native American in me, or is it too far removed? Not sure who to tag, so I’m tagging @Discussions. I’m also supposedly related to the Tudors? I’m not sure, it all hurts my brain to think about.

2 Likes

I mean…maybe. Probably too far removed. The Wea tribe.

So first

Anyways I reconstructed it just for funsies

So theoretically since you and Third share great great grand parents, you also share great great great grandparents and so if it’s those ggg grandparents that you share that are part Indigenous, then yes you have very little Indigenous blood
however, in my example, you’re related to Third through her mother, so if the great great great grandparents come from her father’s line, who you are only related to through marriage, then no, you couldn’t use her Indigenous ancestry as a claim for your own

4 Likes

Yeah, this is my dad’s side. I honestly doubted it, but was just making sure. At least I have my possible relation to Mary, Queen of Scots. Still wondering how the hell I’m going to check that.

1 Like

I’m going to ask my grandma about it. She might have more info. I’ll probably just ask for 23andMe for Christmas.

1 Like

the maps really do help make things easier to understand, even if my brain still kind of hurt from trying to process that :eyes:

1 Like

My brain turned to mush.

1 Like

Hi
I’m sorry, I hate to do this, but can I ask you to not take natives and/or native ancestry as a joke, please?

1 Like

Yeah, made me wince, but was too nervous to mention it. Doubt there’s any in me, but I asked my mom for a DNA test.

1 Like

Wow
I wanna take a DNA test

1 Like

Not taking them as a joke I know it’s serious
Just making a teeny weeny funny comment it’s not the end of the world :slight_smile:
Anyway sorry

1 Like

It’s ok. I was a little uncomfortable, but you didn’t mean it in a bad way.

1 Like