Give Me Suggestions For Complicated Things To Code

@ForumStaff just tagging you because I’m not sure if I put this in the right category. Also if someone could add an Episode tag that would be great :heart:

So I’ve been on Episode for a few years now and I think I’m a good coder… but I want to test myself and see what I can do. I’m not gonna do something really long like making a whole story with tons of choices, so think in terms of something I can do in a scene or two. But I think anything aside from that goes. If there’s something IRL that you’ve never seen in Episode before, tell me and I’ll try to see if I can do it! I’ve also been thinking of making an Episode Directing Tips guide thing for the Shanniiwrites website so I’d use a complicated code thing as an example to what people can do with the all the coding stuff on Episode.

@Episodians

4 Likes

I’ve added some tags :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

Try coding some ducks swimming over a lake and then jumping out of the water? :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Oo I’ll have to find some ducks then… could probably draw them tho.

1 Like

Code a whole musical number :relieved:

Inspiration maybe?:

Weird suggestion sorry :joy:

1 Like

Ooo… it’d be weird without having the music tho but yeah

1 Like

:thinking: hmm maybe a dance number?

1 Like

Lol what if I made the dance number from Beauty and the Beast? Lmao. The one from “Be Our Guest”
That’d be a lot of characters tho but again… would be worth it.

1 Like

A person smashing someone’s face into a cake?

2 Likes

Ooo that’s a good one! I have an idea of how to do that one but I don’t think it would work because to make it realistic I would have to make an edit of an Episode character (which I can do) but once I make it an overlay into Episode it gets really distorted for some reason.

1 Like

Ooh maybe do a scene where angels could fly in the sky :star_struck:
you’d need to incorporate some wings for that one, and it sure is complicated.
Or make a bird fly.

I did it once in my story for the into through the help of an epi friend. It was pretty rad.

2 Likes

Now I want to see it. :joy:

2 Likes

I gotta reinstall episode app for that …
IT’S BEEN AGES SINCE I’VE BEEN ON THERE. :exploding_head: (Roughly three years ago)

But when I used to be on episode, I used to be a coding pro :sunglasses::sparkles:

What about a gif? :eyes:
You’d need a ton of overlays for that though-

Im guessing this isn’t open anymore?

Lol it was a genuine idea at first and then I kinda lost interest…

1 Like

Dang, well thanks anyway

Oh I can always help with coding lol, this was just a silly thing for me to do like asking people the suggestions for things to do lol.

Closed due to inactivity