Going to the dentist

Ikr :sob:

1 Like

I should probably go to the dentist soon to get my mouth checked out for wisdom teeth and see if I need to arrange getting them removed soon, but that really stresses me out and I don’t want to :pleading_face:

Not really, people putting metal things in my mouth and poking my teeth is pretty uncomfortable and it’s so darn bright

Well as I said
:sparkles: brightness :sparkles:
But I liked going when I was younger because I got a sticker :blush:

Nothing extreme really but a girl I used to go to high school with who was studying to be a dentist was sat in on my appointment and I was just looking at her like lolhi

Back in the day in Florida, USA…in order to get a decent xray picture, they had to place these sharp AF segments of a paper-like substance and you had to bite in in place and hold perfectly still to take the best shot, all the while feeling the pointy ends of it digging sharply into your cheeks.

These days, you bite a little metal piece over a little plastic bag and lean diagonally hoping that you’re keeping still enough for the xray to take the best shot. Doesn’t hurt one bit.

Cleanings still feel the same. The more experienced the dentist the better in that regard…mastery of the tools and not accidentally hurting the patient (those tools get hot, and if they end up touching your lips at any angle, it does burn a bit).

Spacers and braces still hurt the first few days. I’ve been blending all of my food and scooping it like baby food into my mouth. I tried eating one pumpkin seed and just light biting hurts. :rofl: So sore. Ice cream is still great, though. Ice cream is the best.

Also any soreness feels better after a warm salt water rinse. Temporary relief, but relief nonetheless, especially if you can’t take any pain relievers like me. While I can’t say I ever really enjoy going to the dentist (except maybe to remove braces once and for all), I’m adult enough to understand how important their work is.

You should be able to start making posts again! You won’t get silenced again since it only happens on the first post. I totally understand that feeling when going to the dentist. I like it when they talk as well. It definitely makes the appointment go faster. Though it can be hard to reply sometimes depending on what they are doing. I got a small mouth so it can be very garbally to respond back with the big tools they use.

Closed due to inactivity