Good Games to Play If You're Just Getting Into Gaming! 🎮

Gaming can be an overwhelming platform to start on. If you’re not used to playing games then I would suggest starting with games that do not require a lot of controls. I will go over games that are easy for most of the new platforms that I play and some platforms I don’t play. I would say the easiest platform to play on would be your smartphone or tablets that you use. I’m an avid gamer like @ShanniiWrites, @ChaoticDeluge, and @Eleanor_W-15. You three can recommend games as well.

Smartphones & Tablets

Game list

The best games I would start with for beginners are match-3 fix-up or match-3 saga games. They help sharpen your mind so that you can focus on your goal which is what most gamers do. They focus on the game to get through it like they would in an everyday setting for their jobs. This will also lead to sharper reflexes as well. Just remember to get the proper sleep in while playing games, going to work, and hanging out with your friends. It will hurt you in the long run if you do not take care of yourself mentally and physically. Sleep is the key to living a healthy life. These are the games I recommend you to start with. Note: I do not have reviews made up of all the games I will list.

Match-3 Fix-up Games:

• Lost Island: This is a fun game that allows you to fix up an island that you become the owner of. It uses match-3 puzzles to get the points to fix the island up and progress through the story. Here is the link to the review of the game I made. I will be making more reviews with videos and pictures.
    What do you think about puzzle games?

• Gardenscapes: You become the owner of a massive grounds from your family. Your job is to fix up the gardens that use to be a sight to see for those who lived in the city surrounding the land. You will also progress through the story in the game. This game is a match-3 puzzle game where the puzzles get harder with each level.

• Homescapes: Made from the same creator of Gardenscapes but this time you are friends with the butler from Gardenscapes. Your goal is to help him change his parents’ minds about selling their mansion. So you are tasked with the job to fix up the house while playing puzzles that get harder with each level.

• Family Zoo: You get to learn facts about animals while you fix up the city zoo that has fallen into ruins. You have to fix the zoo up alongside training the animals in the process. It uses the same puzzle system as the games above but it’s broken into two sets of puzzle games.
    What do you think about puzzle games?

• Relic Chasers: This is an early access game that is still taking users for beta testers. You are tasked to find relics around the world while fixing up the museum you work for. This game uses a burst match-3 puzzle system.

• Munchkin Match: Magic Home Building Game: This game is about a wizard named Lemi who gets a present from a friend that is a group of flying creatures name Munchkins. It has the largest puzzle game amount that I know of right now. The game is to fix Lemi’s flying ship house while dealing with a foe that wants to take him down. The game has a good story plot and comedic humor in it.

• Hidden Hotel/Hotel Blast: This game has two games with the same plot. They just recently release Hotel Blast as another way to get through the game. You will be fixing up a hotel that comes with a murder mystery that you need to get down to the bottom of before your hotel is ready to live in. So Hotel Blast uses the same system of Lost Island which is a match-3 block puzzle. Hidden Hotel uses hidden object games to help you get through the story. You have to get to the max amount of stars at each hidden object area to get prizes and progress through the story. This game is the harder one of the two so if you want a real challenge I suggest going with Hidden Hotel.

• Sweet Escapes: This is a great game for bakers. You get to play match-3 games to fix up the different bakery’s around the world. The best part of this game is that the dishes you come across in the game comes with the actual recipe to make the dish in real life! I highly recommend this for those with a sweet tooth.

Word Match-Fix Up Games
These games rely on word games in order to progress through the storyline of the game.

• Wordington Words & Design: Another fix-up the mansion game you inherited from your family. You use word puzzles to progress and fix areas in the house. The word combos get hard with each level. I have been stumped on some words myself when playing the game. It’s a good brain game to help sharpen your skills.

• Word Villas: You get to design your dream home in this while using the word puzzle games to help you fix items. This is another game that stumped me while I played it as well. It has a great plot to the story with intriguing characters.

• Home Dream: Design Home Games & Word Puzzle: This game is a bit different from the other fix-up games. You are still using the word game puzzle system but instead of it being property you own that you will be fixing it will be for other people’s homes. It’s a flip house word puzzle game. You are an interior designer who has clients that need help.

Paint By Number Puzzle Fix-up Games
These games rely on Paint by number puzzles to progress through the storyline.

• Gallery: Coloring Book by Number & Home Decor Game: You are a painter who left their old job to do what you love which is painting and opening up an Art Gallery. You use paint by number system to fix up the old house and abandoned Art Gallery that you have bought. It’s a good game for artist you like paint by number apps.

• Home Paint: Color by Number & My Dream Home Design: As the title entails, you are an avid artist who is famous in different cities. You get to paint pictures for the different art galleries you go too. You also get to purchase houses or modern flats to be with your adorable cat. The paint by number system is what you will use in order to fix up the different houses/flats in the different cities you travel too.

Strategy Games & Card Games

• Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes: In this game you create a team with Star Wars characters in order to beat the levels. It’s similar to how Smite and League of Legends are set up. You have to protect your power generator while destroying your enemy’s generator on their side of the battlefield. It is a fun strategy game to play if you like Star Wars.

• War Dragons: Is a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game that puts you in control of the ultimate dragon army. Join a guild, help your teammates launch attacks, and hold off enemy raids in a true real-time fashion. I really love this game since you get to control the dragons while breeding other dragons and building your fortress. (Yes, I copied the google play store description for the first two sentences. They explained it better than me.)

• Dragons of Atlantis: This is the mobile version of the old Dragons of Atlantis computer strategy that was wildly popular around the world. It is a bit different from the original game but it still has all the old ties of the game. You build up your city, fields, dragon posts all while dealing with the Anthropus War Clans that want to take you down. This game does not have all of the dragons from the old game but I think with time the game will get most of the dragons back.

• Hearthstone: One of the only games from Blizzard that is mostly free. You can make in-app purchases. This is the mobile version of the hit card game Hearthstone. You will use characters from the series of World of Warcraft as your card characters. You will be given a deck of cards that are listed under the classes in the online game. Each deck will be made accordingly to each class. It is a fun game but it can be a battery drainer so be careful when playing it.

• Jurassic Dinosaur: Carnivores Evolution - Dino TCG: This is a card game similar to Hearthstone but it’s based on dinosaurs instead. If you like dinosaurs I would suggest trying this game out.

Roleplaying & Simulation Games

• Disney Heroes: Battle Mode: So this game is similar to OverWatch from Blizard Inc. Wreck-It-Ralph and Vanellope accidentally find a key to a digital city that pulls characters from other Disney Universes into a battle arena game. The Heroes have to beat other Disney characters who are being affected by some glitch that has turned them evil. Each battle gets you closer to the story and brings a hero from the side of the bad guys to your side.

• The Sims: Freeplay: This game is a free mobile version of the Sims game family. It’s limited in features but makes up with the storyline. It’s a good game to pass the time with since some tasks take time to complete. It’s a good simulation game from the app store.

• Home Street: This game is similar to the Sim’s game but it’s more activity-based. You get to build your own home, make your own story that incorporates the storyline of the game. You have to use skill points to get activities done in the game which use different types of skill attributes to get them done.

• Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery: This game is one of the new Harry Potter Franchise games. It is an RPG where you get to a make a character who is going to Hogwarts during 1984 where your character is connected to an incident that involves the Cursed Vaults. Your brother disappeared after being affected by the Cursed Vaults which your goal is to find him and to also get to the bottom of the Cursed Vaults. It is a time management game where certain activities can take many hours to do.

• Knights of the Old Republic: This is the infamous Star Wars game known by its abbreviated name KOTOR. You are a character that is on the ship Endar Spire which is in the middle of a battle with the new Sith forces. You have no memory of who you are before the attack happened. You and Carth Onasi, a republic soldier, make it off of the Endar Spire before it crashes from the ensuing battle. Your escape pod has landed on Taris which is on a travel lockdown by the Sith who are after you. You have to find Bastilla Shan, a Jedi knight, who has been captured by the gangs on Taris. Once you get Bastilla Shan you are to take her to the Jedi Temple for more information on who you are. Yes, this is available for both android and apple users.

Computers & Laptops

Game List

I will be listing the games that easy to play with for beginner gamers. Each game I list might be available for both windows/mac and standalone games on each platform only. Computer games help with sharpening motor skills, mind and multitasking abilities that will be useful in everyday life. Just remember to keep a healthy routine in place as I explained in Smartphones & Tablet section.

Hidden Object Games from Big Fish Games

• Dark Parables: This game series is based on the fairy tales written by the Brother’s Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen. It’s a unique twist on the stories that make the games entertaining to play. Each hidden object scene is usually building an item that will help you progress through the games.

• Dark Romance: This series is based on fantasy romance stories through the years. Such as Beauty and the Beast, Swan Princess and so on.

• Chimeras: This series is about certain events that happen in different places and times. It based on cults, magic, supernatural creatures.

• Sable Maze: This series is based on dark tales that surround magical mazes that cause havoc in the world. You have to stop those who would destroy the world with the maze’s untold powers.

• Danse Macabre: This series is about murders throughout different stories that have a deeper and darker meaning to them. Can you find the suspect before they kill again or kill you?

Steam Games

• Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2: These games are stapled games that I would recommend you play. They are based 3,000 years before The Skywalker Saga. They are based on the story of Revan the Jedi Master who fell to the dark side and pulled himself back to the light side. Xbox as well.

• Syberia series: If you can get the first game to download on your computer then I would suggest you play this game series! It’s about Kate Walker, a lawyer, who is sent to handle the sale of an old automaton factory but little does she know there is more to the property then meets the eye. Xbox as well.

• Halo Master Chief Collection: Halo finally made it to PC! They will be releasing all of the games over the course of this year along with new missions and maps to explore while playing Halo! So happy about this! Xbox as well.

• Fable: Remastered: The first fable game has been remastered for PC now. You can buy the game on Steam to play it. The graphics and gameplay have been updated since the original game. Fable is a choice based game that hinges on the choices you make during the progression of the game. It’s based in a fantasy-based land where magic can be used for the good or the bad depending on what you choose to do. Xbox game as well.

Origin Games

• The Sims Series: Every beginner gamer should try out the Sims series. It’s an iconic game series that is very easy to play. It’s also entertaining since you can practically do anything to your sim and make any kind of sim as well. Though for beginners I suggest staying away from the mod section until you get a better understanding of the game series. Mods are DLC packs created by The Sims Fan Community that can add on to the game to make it more realistic but you have to keep up with the updates for those mods which is why I suggest not using them until you get better acquainted with the series. Can be played on an Xbox as well.

• Dragon Age: Origins This game is one of the best fantasy-based games out there. I would suggest playing this game before you played Dragon Age: Inquisition. That is also another good game to play. When history tells the story of the Fifth Blight, what will be said about the hero who turned the tide against the darkspawn? Determine your legacy and fight for Thedas as a noble dwarf, an elf far from home, a mage apprentice, or a customized hero of your own design. This serious can be played on Xbox. Just check the store for the games and the backward compatible list to see if it’s on there.

• Mass Effect Series: One of the best series where your choices mattered and great storyline as well. If you can get this game to work on your computer then great. Or see if you can get the Xbox version for Xbox one even. As Commander Shepard, you lead an elite squad on a heroic, action-packed adventure throughout the galaxy. Discover the imminent danger from an ancient threat and battle the traitorous Saren and his deadly army to save civilization. The fate of all life depends on your actions!

MMORPG

• Wizard101: you become a student at Ravenwood Academy for Witches and Wizards. A dark looming threat from the school’s past is threatening the destruction of the entire Spiral. Can you help Merle Ambrose, the headmaster, defeat the dark forces? Pay to play the game for families.

• Star Wars: The Old Republic: This is the technical sequel to the Knights of the Old Republic games. It’s based 200 years later during the time of the Old Republic. You can start out as either a Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular for the light side and a Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent for the dark side. Each with there own fully voiced stories that play out over the game. You can have romances if you are into that type of story. It is a choice-based game so what you decide factors what happens to you in the game. You control the outcome of what type of character you will be. This game is free to play right now as well as pay to play. It just depends on if you want to pay for it or not. ONLY ON WINDOWS

• Guild Wars 2: This game is free to play but you will need to by the Hearts of Thorn expansion pack. Set in the fantasy world of Tyria, the game follows the re-emergence of Destiny’s Edge, a disbanded guild dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, a Lovecraftian species that has seized control of Tyria in the time since the original Guild Wars.

• Magic: The Gathering Online: Is an old card game that is now available online. It is free to play. It’s what Hearthstone is based on. Same concept but with its own unique story!

• Lord of the Rings Online: Based on the Lord of the Rings novels. It starts out in different parts of Middle Earth. The fellowship is making their way to Mordor but your story follows the folk of Middle Earth from different lands in middle earth. You will follow your own unique story based on what race you choose to play.

@Discussions

10 Likes

I’ll definitely be coming back to this later but if any of you are into anime and like seven deadly sins then I do recommend getting the app. The graphics are really good and it’s easy to get into.

5 Likes

I will have to check that out later today.

1 Like

Bookmarked, I’m setting up my Twitch account too

1 Like

That’s great!

1 Like

Kingdom hearts might be a good game of your starting out

1 Like

I always wanted to play that game series but I didn’t have a PlayStation to play it on. It would be a great game to start on if you play PlayStation.

1 Like

I think those games for smartphones and tablets where you have to tap on your screen to produce something are also really easy and good for people to start off. Those idle tap games like Egg Inc. and Idle Miner: Tycoon are really funny and everything gets explained very well. That’s also more something for people who want to start playing but don’t know when they’ll have time because whenever they feel like playing, they just can start the app and play.

3 Likes

I agree with this! Those type of games are good for beginners!

2 Likes
  1. The Sims
  2. Gardenscapes
  3. Tomb Raider
  4. Fortnite
  5. Roblox
  6. Zumbla Game

Omg I don’t know if you know this game @WolfGamerGirl37 called Zumbla, where you shoot balls into the frog’s mouth but it’s so interesting and time-consuming :joy:

1 Like

Interesting, I have not played that game before. I will check it out soon. I did have gardenscapes on my phone but I had to take it off because it wouldn’t open up. I loved that game too. Which Tomb Raider is that? The original? The Sims is always a good starter game!

1 Like

Yes Tomb Raider is actually kinda scary but it’s like an adventure game, so you have to figure out things to do to escape or else you will get stuck like me :joy:

1 Like

Gotcha, I play the Tomb Raider: Anniversary on my computer. It’s pretty challenging since I have to go by the walkthrough just to make sure I’m getting everything in each area. Walkthroughs are your best friend when you get stuck.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity