Good Information Regarding Episode Hairstyles

This is a good one, and I totally agree.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNyRNUdF8bi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

4 Likes

Added a tag :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Agreed with everything there!

Please do not use type 4 hairstyles on non-black characters it comes of as disrespectful and rude and for ink hairstyles do not use this :

On characters that are not asian/half asian (more specific characters that aren’t east Asian )

5 Likes

Oh, yeah! I saw that post yesterday, and it was so needed for those dumb*sses (they act like it, okay?) that keep calling curly hair kinky or make a dumb excuse like, “my friend wears her hair like this, and she’s white too.”

Okay, but that doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

2 Likes

it means she is cultural appropriating and needs to be called out for it. It doesn’t make it ok because your racist cultural appropriating white girl does her hair like that.

Also they are so dumb, curly hair isn’t kinky. That isn’t kinky hair at all, something like mine or my family is “kinky” hair

2 Likes

Okay, normally I’d agree with that last point but my dad isn’t black and for many years he had an afro. He didn’t style it like that or anything, that was just his natural hair.

I do see how it can come off as disrespectful however I don’t think that only black people can have type 4 hair because I mean- my dad had an afro. Granted, he is a POC but not black. For context, my grandfather is Filipino.

I mean, I know nothing about hair so feel free to educate me but like I don’t like the idea of people like my dad being called out for having their hair like that- when their hair is just naturally like that.

Now, saying this I’m not just gonna go and give all my characters an afro or something because clearly I’d need to do my research but I guess I’m just confused about hair here.
I know nothing about hair types so I have a question ig- can any hair type besides type 4 be naturally an afro? And is having an afro different than having type 4 hair?

Okay update: I can’t find a picture but from what I can remember my dad’s hair looked a bit like this:

And he isn’t that skin tone btw.

2 Likes

Okay, I still need to do research about this but apparently it’s common for Filipinos to have that kind of hair as well! So apparently no, it’s not just black people that can have type 4 hair and now I’m kinda annoyed lol.

3 Likes

umm that isn’t really type 4 hair or what a lot of people in the black community would classify as type 4 hair especially 4c and the pineapple style is black.

Besides they are a lot of other hairstyles why use the one that was Cleary intended for black characters?

That hair is more what could I say bushy?

this is 4 style

Also there is a mild different between afro (black afro) and afros from different poc groups/white people and I don’t know how to explain it but I can usually tell a black type of hairstyle from another group same a dreads (blacks) and matted hair (non-blacks)

1 Like

Nooooo what??? I know you don’t know much and that’s ok please this isn’t me attacking you but they are different types of afros/perm

type 3 people can have afros too! Afros isn’t just for type 4 people

1 Like

Nah he wouldn’t be called out for it. If he states his afro/jewish (I Know he isn’t jewish but for example) and a lot of black folks know about jews/filipino afro (for example: Bruno mars)

For example of more black hairstyles:

Take this, Gigi is a racist problematic non black but yeah.

I don’t know if you could see the dif but I can

Our hair tends to be more cloudy if I can call it that.

vs

so like yeah, please don’t use the new hairstyles on non-black characters and there is no discussion/debate period

Again this isn’t me attacking you, I’m sure overprotective when it comes to black hair/culture because it has demonize so much and I’m tired of non-blacks wanting our culture/hair but not us.

1 Like

Thanks for educating me! I only said his hair was type 4 because that’s what someone else told me, again, I literally know nothing lol. I know my dad’s hair didn’t look cloudy per say, but it also didn’t look like the examples you gave so idk. I tried to find a picture today but couldn’t. I remember it looking really big, it wasn’t cloudy but yeah.

1 Like

I think there is a name for that type of hair I forgot in though.

1 Like

Also apologies if I came off as insensitive or anything. I’ve been just overthinking about everything today and this was one of the topics that I just couldn’t stop thinking about. Cuz normally I breeze past a topic like this or have a calm discussion but I got way to like into it/my head ig.

1 Like

Yeah oh also maybe it could actually be 4 type but more between 3 and 4 which is different.

But the pineapple hair is 4c so like yeah.

1 Like

No no it’s OK!

1 Like

Added some tags!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity