Great books with poor film/show adaptations

While there are some that work, books don’t always translate well to film or tv. What are some great books with poor tv show or film adaptations?

3 Likes

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. The movie was good on its own, but was bad compared to the books.

Only three words…

PERCY. JACKSON. BOOKS.

3 Likes

Yes.

I watched them once. Never again.

1 Like

Oh, yeah.

1 Like

got half way through movie two before turning it off, disgusted :joy:

2 Likes

But really… I was so disappointed :woman_facepalming:
Rick made such masterpieces and the movies are just… Ugh

2 Likes

Even he doesn’t like them. I believe he compared them to someone taking his life’s work and putting it in a meat grinder

1 Like

Me

I love pjo so much and the movies are just :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Percy Jackson lolol

1 Like

yes.

Divergent was… :nauseated_face:

A lot of books can have some adaptations that are just bad in general, but some can have a fairly good adaptation that simply doesn’t do the books justice.

The ones that come to my mind are the Percy Jackson movies as well as Divergent, where the movies suck at doing justice to the source material. Though, personally I do like the first Percy Jackson movie even though it is not a great adaptation at all, (the second is alright. Fine enough for background noise or getting into the right mindset for demigods and such)

Come on @Bookworms we’ve all had at least some experience where an adaptation doesn’t do the book justice (whether we like it as a separate entity or not)

1 Like

Yes, Percy Jackson was crap.

As was the new Catch-22 TV series. However, the old film, I actually thought was a good portrayal of it.

Closed due to inactivity