Great films that are actually really feminist

If Squirrel Girl doesn’t get a movie we riot.

cough Rey in Star Wars sequel trilogy cough

1 Like

Let’s only count Force Awakens. Y’Know, back before they ruined everyone’s characters.

And if we’re going down to Star Wars land, we can’t leave Leia and Ahsoka out.

1 Like

I kind of agree with that but ahsoka wasn’t really that masculine, as much as Rey who when we first met her she was quickly ‘jedi’ potential as soon as she picked a lightsaber. Ahsoka started off as a padawan who made several mistakes which was natural for every padawan and she had a great character development as the series went on.

1 Like

You mean strong? Gifted?

Something like that, but she had a better character development than Rey

1 Like

I mean, to be fair.

Lots of women meeting up isn’t the worst coincidence in that film, people claiming it is is really stupid.

Like, if we believe the rat can save the Universe by bringing back the tiny man from smol space, then I think we can believe that some women can meet up in a battlefield. Like. I don’t need to suspend my disbelief that much

1 Like

Hunger games technically

Uma Thurman is awesome!!!

1 Like

Added some tags :innocent:

Any other films?

Legally Blonde is a classic and Elle Woods is a feminist prodigy :ok_hand:t5:
Lmao seriously, the overall message of legally blonde is definitely a feministic one

3 Likes

Legally Blonde has a super great message in the narrative, and we get to see her struggle with a whole bunch of stuff that actual women struggle through. Shes also never really defined by her relationship except for the beginning

Closed due to inactivity