Guess the Famous Person!

Yes.

Know the other one?

1 Like

i haven’t figured it out yet ;-;

1 Like

Celeb thirty-four: Ellen DeGeneres

1. She started performing stand-up comedy at small clubs and coffee houses. By 1981, she was the emcee at Clyde’s Comedy Club in New Orleans.
  2. Forbes estimated her 2020 earnings at US$84 million and her net worth at US$370 million, making her the 12th-highest-paid entertainer in the world.
  3. She previously described herself as a vegan and “big animal lover”.
  4. In 1997, she came out as a lesbian. The disclosure of her sexual orientation sparked intense interest by American tabloids. The contentiousness of the media coverage stunted her professional career and left her “mired in depression”.

SOLVED!

Celeb thirty-five: Luis Salgado

1. He was born in Bayamón, Puerto Rico, and raised in a nearby town called Vega Alta, Puerto Rico.
  2. He made his Off-Broadway debut in 2003 with the musical Fame as a replacement for Enrico Rodriguez and understudy for the role of Joe Vegas.
  3. He is the founder and CEO of R.Evolución Latina, an organisation that seeks to empower the Hispanic community through educational programming and partnerships. The organisation’s best-known initiatives are the Dare to Go Beyond Children’s Performing Arts Camp, D2GB School Arts program and the Beyond Workshops Series, a 2-week annual professional development program for adult performers.
  4. On February 8, 2007, he opened his second Off-Broadway show with the musical In the Heights. He appeared in the film Across the Universe and American Gangster. Also in the same year served as assistant to associate choreographer: Central Park scene for the film Enchanted.
  5. An anagram for his name is Allissa Doug.
  6. His initials are L S.

SOLVED!

Celeb thirty-six: Rachel Mamlok-Naaman

1. She is an academic based in Israel.
  2. Prior to obtaining her doctorate degree, she was a high school chemistry teacher for 26 years.
  3. She is the chair of the European Chemical Society Division of Chemical Education, and a member of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry Committee on Chemistry Education.
  4. In 2021, she was awarded the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry Distinguished Women in Chemistry or the Chemical Engineering Award
  5. An anagram for her name is Alan Coleman Markham.
  6. Her initials are R M-N.
  7. Another anagram for her name is aRch el Mm kola-am aNna

SOLVED!

@Gaming

2 Likes

What happens when no one can guess the celebrity? Or rather, at which clue would it renew? :eye:

3 Likes

I’m going to keep going, making it even more easier each time. Someone will eventually get a point.
Like, this last anagram, I’ve separated her name into the three pasts, highlighting the capitals. The anagrams do get solved, I know we have a few puzzle-lovers here.

2 Likes

Guilty as charged for that :joy: I actually find those with the more puzzle clues more interesting than the ones with the context clues… So let me have a quick try at this one, I’m sure I can figure it out!

3 Likes

First name is Rachel, that was obvious to me, it was basically just standing there
Molmak/malmok/makmol/mokmal/momkal/momlak/mamlok/momkal/mamkol, ooof, this first part of the last name I have no clue. Quite a few options that might be a possibility, but none stand out as correct to me :grimacing: I have not enough knowledge on Israeli names to pick one (if it even is an Israeli name :zipper_mouth_face:)
I think for the second last name, Naaman works best. Namaan or Nanaam/Naanam might work as well.
Sad I can’t come with a conclusive answer :sob:

3 Likes

Yes, well done. It’s Rachel Mamlok-Naaman

1 Like

After 36 Famous People answers, we have a new user in the lead…

Alex/Ouija

Commenters on this thread:

@benitz786, @Cam, @Caticorn, @CerealKiller, @celestialkitten, @Ebx, @Jass, @liyahsdiamond, @Littlefeets, @lollipoplady, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Megan, @OhSumana, @Ouijaloveletters, @Skyler2, @StarMaryGoth, @sunflowerjm, @taking0ver, @Tina.G, @wanderingechoes

3 Likes

Celeb thirty-seven:

1. She has three daughters. Her first was born when she was 52 years old. The other two, twins, were born to a surrogate.
  2. When asked if being Jewish is important to her, she replied, “I’m not a practicing Jew, but I feel very Jewish.”

Celeb thirty-eight:

1. He was named one of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men in 2015.
  2. He held his first exhibition, entitled Psychedelic Dreams of the Jelly Fox, at Maison Bertaux, a patisserie in Greek Street, Soho.

Celeb thirty-nine:

1. Her first acting role was in the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
  2. Her first country-music single, “Will You Dance With Me”, was released to iTunes and Wal-Mart in May 2007 to raise money for the American Red Cross.

@Gaming

3 Likes

Eleanor Columbus?

1 Like

Is 38 Noel Fielding?

1 Like

It’s not, sorry.

Yes, nice.

Celeb thirty-seven:

1. She has three daughters. Her first was born when she was 52 years old. The other two, twins, were born to a surrogate.
  2. When asked if being Jewish is important to her, she replied, “I’m not a practicing Jew, but I feel very Jewish.”
  3. She attended the San Francisco Art Institute, where she studied painting with the intention of becoming an art teacher.

Celeb thirty-eight: Noel Fielding

2. He held his first exhibition, entitled Psychedelic Dreams of the Jelly Fox, at Maison Bertaux, a patisserie in Greek Street, Soho.

SOLVED!

Celeb thirty-nine:

1. Her first acting role was in the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
  2. Her first country-music single, “Will You Dance With Me”, was released to iTunes and Wal-Mart in May 2007 to raise money for the American Red Cross.
  3. When she was 12, she and two others (a friend & her brother) formed their own pop music trio, 2B1G.

@Gaming

1 Like

Julianne Hough

1 Like

Yes, well done. Nice.

1 Like

Celeb thirty-seven:

3. She attended the San Francisco Art Institute, where she studied painting with the intention of becoming an art teacher.
  4. She was the last person to professionally photograph Lennon, ‌he was shot and killed five hours later.

SOLVED!

Celeb thirty-nine: Julianne Hough

3. When she was 12, she and two others (a friend & her brother) formed their own pop music trio, 2B1G.

SOLVED!

@Gaming

1 Like

I know this story and have seen the pictures, but I frustratingly don’t know her name.

1 Like

Celeb thirty-seven:

4. She was the last person to professionally photograph Lennon, ‌he was shot and killed five hours later.
  5. Notable photograph: Whoopi Goldberg lying in a bathtub full of milk, shot from above.

SOLVED!

Celeb thirty-nine: Julianne Hough

SOLVED!

@Gaming

1 Like

Seen this picture as well, but still don’t know her name :sob:

2 Likes