Guess the Music!

Macklemore? I’m totally clueless on this one.

1 Like

Almost there with that guess!

Not this time.

1 Like

Figured, I was grasping for straws anyway.

1 Like

I have no idea

1 Like

Group seven:

1. They are a R&B/electronica/hip hop duo consisting of an American rapper and a Dutch record producer.
  2. The pair initially made contact via message boards on Okayplayer,com and soon began recording and exchanging music.
  3. Their album, Connected, was released in 2004
  4. +FE Music is a record label founded by the members. The label was first started for the release of their second album Leave It All Behind.

Group eight: BLACKPINK

1. The group debuted in August 2016 with their single album Square One.
  2. They were recognised as one of the ten “2020 Visionary” figures.

SOLVED!

Group nine: Lady A

1. The group made its debut in 2007.
  2. The band abbreviated their name in June 2020, during the George Floyd protests, in an attempt to blunt the name’s associations with slavery.

SOLVED!

@Music

Group seven: The Foreign Exchange

1. They are a R&B/electronica/hip hop duo consisting of an American rapper and a Dutch record producer.
  2. The pair initially made contact via message boards on Okayplayer,com and soon began recording and exchanging music.
  3. Their album, Connected, was released in 2004
  4. +FE Music is a record label founded by the members. The label was first started for the release of their second album Leave It All Behind.
  5. A synonym for their name is The Alien Trade

SOLVED!

Group eight: BLACKPINK

1. The group debuted in August 2016 with their single album Square One.
  2. They were recognised as one of the ten “2020 Visionary” figures.

SOLVED!

Group nine: Lady A

1. The group made its debut in 2007.
  2. The band abbreviated their name in June 2020, during the George Floyd protests, in an attempt to blunt the name’s associations with slavery.

SOLVED!

@Music

Please have a guess?!

@astxrism, @laurenmusic, @Caticorn, @liyahsdiamond, @Jass, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @Kristi, @unsungcheerio, @WolfGamerGirl37

3 Likes

The foreign exchange? Total guess, lol, but with some logic behind it…

1 Like

YES! Woop!

1 Like

Lol, I’m surprised it’s correct. I assumed the 3rd word was exchange, as that was said before and you said it was close. And honestly, the second word was just a random guess based on the last clue and what sounded possible. Don’t know them at all :joy: It sounds cool tho, so I might have a listen!

1 Like

HAHAHAHA. Yeah, see, this is why I suggest guessing rather than staying quiet. (wink)

2 Likes

But at least there was a clue now that allowed me to make a decent guess, lol, if you have no idea at all it’s difficult to come up with something

2 Likes

Also, I’m actually really vibing to their music now. Didn’t expect that but they have some good songs that will end up in my playlist for sure :relieved:

1 Like

Love that. Glad you found new music through this game.

Male Artist seven: Lewis Capaldi

1. He learned how to play guitar when he was nine.
  2. On his father’s side, his second cousin once removed is the actor, Peter Capaldi, who appeared in his music video for “Someone You Loved”.

SOLVED!

Male Artist eight:

1. He is regarded as one of the most iconic and influential singers in history, and was often referred to by contemporaries as “The Genius”.
  2. In his early career, he modeled himself on Nat King Cole.

Male Artist nine:

1. In 1997, Carter joined the Hot Boys along with rappers Juvenile, B.G., and Turk. At age 14, Carter was the youngest member at the time.
  2. Carter’s debut solo album, Tha Block Is Hot , was released when he was 17 and featured significant contributions from the Hot Boys.

@Music

1 Like

Lewis Capaldi?

1 Like

That’s the one. Nice.

I think I might know who 9 is, based on Carter tho, not on the actual clues. So it doesn’t feel fair, or was the last name supposed to be part of the clue as well? :thinking:

1 Like

No, the name is part of the clue. No mistake. So if you know it then you deserve the points.

1 Like

Okay, Dwayne Carter, better known under his artist name Lil Wayne is my answer in that case :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

HEHEHE. Nice. How’d you know?

1 Like