Guess the Music!

Album ten: Renaissance

1. It is is the seventh studio album by this American singer.
  2. Upon release, the album sparked conversations and essays on the history of dance music and its roots in Black culture.

SOLVED!

Album eleven:

1. It is the sixteenth studio album by this American rapper.
  2. One song contains elements from NBA Jam and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior.
  3. “Get Light” contains an interpolation of “Party and Bullshit” written by Easy Mo Bee, as performed by The Notorious B.I.G.
  4. On the song “Ugly”, the artist confirmed the third installment of this series was in the works with the lyrics “KD3 on the way, this just to feed the buzz.”

Album twelve:

1. It is the fifth studio album by this jazz musician.
  2. In 1959, Miles Davis’s business manager Harold Lovett negotiated a record contract for the artist with Atlantic, the terms of which included a $7,000 annual guarantee (equivalent to $65,070 in 2021).
  3. Two tracks, “Naima” and “Syeeda’s Song Flute”, are respectively named after the artist’s wife at the time and her daughter, whom he adopted.
  4. The record is regarded as one of the most influential jazz albums of all time. Many of its tracks have become practice templates for jazz saxophonists.

@/Music

Just having a guess will give you more clues!

Commenters on this thread:
@astxrism, @benitz786, @bpalmer, @Cam, @Caticorn, @liyahsdiamond, @Eleanor_W-15, @elixr, @FuzilladeBlue, @Jass, @Kate, @Kristi, @laurenmusic, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Meekepeek, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @OhSumana, @lollipoplady, @RainyDay, @Rose, @Skyler2, @sunflower.flow, @unsungcheerio, @WolfGamerGirl37

Recently Online:
@jaytastic, @sunflowerjm

1 Like

Once again… I’ve got no idea where to begin on guessing. I don’t know anything about jazz or rap, especially not albums :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Awwww, that’s sad. But all gravy! (wink)

1 Like

Album ten: Renaissance

1. It is is the seventh studio album by this American singer.
  2. Upon release, the album sparked conversations and essays on the history of dance music and its roots in Black culture.

SOLVED!

Album eleven: Kings Disease III

1. It is the sixteenth studio album by this American rapper.
  2. One song contains elements from NBA Jam and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior.
  3. “Get Light” contains an interpolation of “Party and Bullshit” written by Easy Mo Bee, as performed by The Notorious B.I.G.
  4. On the song “Ugly”, the artist confirmed the third installment of this series was in the works with the lyrics “KD3 on the way, this just to feed the buzz.”
  5. A synonym for the title is “Monarch’s Illness Three”

SOLVED!

Album twelve: Giant Steps

1. It is the fifth studio album by this jazz musician.
  2. In 1959, Miles Davis’s business manager Harold Lovett negotiated a record contract for the artist with Atlantic, the terms of which included a $7,000 annual guarantee (equivalent to $65,070 in 2021).
  3. Two tracks, “Naima” and “Syeeda’s Song Flute”, are respectively named after the artist’s wife at the time and her daughter, whom he adopted.
  4. The record is regarded as one of the most influential jazz albums of all time. Many of its tracks have become practice templates for jazz saxophonists.
  5. A synonym for the title is “Colossus Pace”

SOLVED!

@Music

It’s an album by Nas… King’s Disease III?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one. Nice!

Do you know the other one?

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about jazz music to figure that one out :pensive:

1 Like

That’s fair.
Though not even a guess with its 5th clue?

Maybe Grand Step?

1 Like

im going to guess its… Giant Steps?? Just because of the synonym lol

1 Like

Yes, yes

1 Like

It was close but not quite.

Song ten:

1. It is often rated among the greatest rock songs of all time.
  2. When playing the song live, the band would often extend it to over 10 minutes.

Song eleven:

1. The song achieved number one in the rankings in the UK and 12 other countries, including Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
  2. In 2022, the song won an award in the category for the Collaboration of the Year at the American Music Awards and the Top Dance/Electronic Song at the Billboard Music Awards.

Song twelve:

1. Billboard named the song number 19 on their list of 100 Greatest Girl Group Songs of All Time.
  2. The song, a memory of a mother’s words of encouragement, telling her daughter that with patience she will find that special someone one day, is an example of the strong influence of gospel music present in much of R&B and soul music.

@Music

Stairway to Heaven

1 Like

WOAH! Such a genius! How did you? Like, seriously, much applause! (shocked)

1 Like

lmao i may not know a lot about modern pop culture but i DO know my rock classics
the title plus length… it could only be this one

1 Like

HAHAHA. Nice work.
Damn it, clues were too easy.

lmao they kinda were
but also i’m just an old man at heart

1 Like

You Can’t Hurry Love by Diana Ross and the Supremes?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one. Nice