Guess the Music!

Close. It’s not girls though

1 Like

Raining men XD

1 Like

Weather record
Weather report
Weather analysis

Just thinking of words that could match that synonym and make sense as a band name :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, this is the one. (wink)

1 Like

Lol, by now I feel I’ve solved more of these using my linguistic skills than actual knowledge :joy:

1 Like

HAHAHA. It’s a point, no?

Group thirteen: Weather Report

1. Over their 16-year career, the band explored various types of music, predominantly centred on jazz (initially the “free” variety), but also incorporating elements of art music, ethnic music, R&B, funk, and rock. While their work was categorised as “jazz fusion”, the band members generally distanced themselves from that term.
  2. 1976’s Black Market album was perhaps the most rock-oriented work which the group had produced to date.
  3. From the start, the band took the unusual approach of abandoning the traditional “soloist/accompaniment” demarcation of straight-ahead jazz and featured opportunities for continuous improvisation by every member of the band. That position remained consistent throughout the life of the band.
  4. According to Zawinul, new drummer Ishmael Wilburn apparently “lost heart” on tour (despite performing well in the studio). To shore up the music, the band hired another drummer, Darryl Brown, to play alongside him. At the end of the tour, both Wilburn and Brown left the band (as did Dom Um Romão) and the band was, once again, drummerless.
  5. A synonym for the name is Forecast Review

SOLVED!

Group fourteen: Fat Freddys Drop

1. The band gradually took shape from members of other bands in Wellington, New Zealand’s music scene in the late 1990s.
  2. In 2001, the now-seven-member band, sometimes calling themselves the “seven-headed soul monster”, continued to play live at clubs and festivals.
  3. The band’s first studio album in 2005, Based on a True Story, showcased polished versions of songs the band had developed gradually at live shows over the years - in some cases going back to 1999; the album’s title is a reference to that process.
  4. Improvisation, live and in the studio, has been the basis for the band’s music since the beginning of their career. “Live performance is the most natural state for music,” according to trumpeter Toby Laing. Most songs begin as a rhythm on Faiumu’s MPC, and more sections are progressively added during jam sessions.
  5. An anagram for the band is Daddy Effort Rps
  6. An antonym for the band is Thin Sarah-Michelle’s Lift

SOLVED!

Group fifteen: Salt-N-Pepa

1. They have sold over 15 million records worldwide, making them one of the best selling rap acts of all time.
  2. On November 4, 2022, all three members were honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located by the Amoeba Music store on Hollywood Boulevard.
  3. In March 2019, it was announced that the group would have a biographical miniseries coming to the Lifetime network, highlighting the rise of the group to become one of the first successful female rap groups in hip hop. Queen Latifah, as well as the group will be executive producers of the series.

SOLVED!

@Music

What is an antonym?

1 Like

The opposite of. (wink)

1 Like

Fat … Drop
Some puzzling lead me to that based on the anagram and antonym a few days ago already.
So I was left with the lefters: ddyefrs
Didn’t have a clue what to do with that, until I just looked at it again and guessing based on the antonym that it’s probably some person’s name. Did some more puzzling based on that idea.
Soooooooo, Fat Freddy’s Drop?
I could be so wrong but I feel like my logic makes sense

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. Nice puzzling!

1 Like

Male Artist thirteen:

1. The horse named Palomino Rising Sun was his favourite horse, and there are many photographs of him riding him.
  2. His identical twin brother, Jesse, was delivered stillborn thirty-five minutes before him.

Male Artist fourteen:

1. His total album sales from his years in the band, combined with his solo work, are over 100 million.
  2. In the early 2000s, he became a reality television star, appearing as himself in the MTV reality show.

Male Artist fifteen:

1. He developed an interest in photography at age ten when his uncle, a photographer for The New York Times , gave him a Nikon F camera. He cites Edward Steichen as a major early influence. At 17 he set up a darkroom in his basement and pursued photography while at university.
  2. In 2018, he participated in Al Gore’s 24-hour broadcast on climate change and environmental issues.

@Music

2 Likes

Is thirteen sonething to do with the band The Animals?

1 Like

Well, sh*t…that’s depressing. I can’t think of who…

2 Likes

Wait, wait, wait. I think it just hit me. I have a book mentioning this. 13 is Elvis? I remember being so startled that his situation was so similar to mine.

2 Likes

Yes, yes. Nice. It was Elvis.

2 Likes

I called it.

2 Likes

i may or may not have gotten help from my family bc idk anything about reality shows but
Ozzy Osbourne?

2 Likes

I think you’re right actually, kinda kicking myself that i didnt think of it

2 Likes

Yes, correct. Nice.

2 Likes