Guess the TV shows!

Show forty-three: The Munsters

1. The first season opening credits were an outrageous parody of the opening credits of The Donna Reed Show, which always began with Donna Reed lovingly passing out lunches to her departing family members as they left the house one by one.
  2. Whenever he gives his birth country, Grandpa always says he was born in the Holy Roman Empire.
  3. The show was shot in black and white because the studio did not want to pay an extra $10,000 per episode for colour.
  4. The character ‘Herman’ was ranked #19 in TV Guide’s list of the “50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time”

SOLVED!

Show forty-four: The Ed Sullivan Show

1. In the May 4-10, 2002 issue of “TV Guide Magazine,” the show was voted #15 on TV Guide’s 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.
  2. Cher complained to the press that when she and Sonny Bono appeared on this show, they introduced them as “Sonny and Chair.”
  3. From 1950 until the end of its run in 1971, the show was always broadcast in the same time slot, Sunday evenings at 8:00pm Eastern Time. CBS broadcast it during its entire run.
  4. Ed Sullivan offered Burt Reynolds the chance to appear on the show. At the time, Reynolds was starring in Hawk (1966) of which Sullivan was a fan. But Reynolds felt that he was not well-known enough to appear on the show and turned Sullivan down. Reynolds stated that he greatly regretted turning down Sullivan’s offer in 1991.

SOLVED!

Show forty-five: Goosebumps

1. It’s a Canadian television series set in the United States.
  2. The author appeared in the most episodes of any of the cast, 12 in total; as a narrator.
  3. In the series intro, the announcer said, “Viewer, beware, you’re in for a scare!”

SOLVED!

@Gaming

43 is The Munsters?

1 Like

Yes, yes, that’s the one!!!

1 Like

As soon as Herman was mentioned, I knew.

1 Like

Th Ed Sullivan show?

1 Like

Show forty-six:

1. In its early seasons, the episodes were issue-based, until the producers decided it should be a teen soap opera.
  2. The show ran for almost 11 years.

Show forty-seven: Julie and the Phantoms

1. Based on the Brazilian TV series with the same name.
  2. Principal Lessa’s last name is a head nod to actress who played the main character in the original Brazilian series.

SOLVED!

Show forty-eight:

1. The title character is left-handed.
  2. When the title character returns from his grandmother’s house, the bus line he returns on is called Beagle, an obvious parody of Greyhound bus lines.

@ScreenSloths

could this be Julie and the Phantoms?

1 Like

That’s the one.

1 Like

eyyy nice
(my sis and i used to watch the original when we were younger)

1 Like

Sadly, I didn’t even know there was an original until I researched it for this.

understandable tho
i don’t think it got much popularity outside Brazil (like even here in Colombia it wasn’t that well known)

1 Like

Ah, right. That’s sad but fair I didn’t know, I guess.
Do you know any one the others while we’re here?

1 Like

not yet >.<

1 Like

Show forty-six: Beverly Hills, 90210

1. In its early seasons, the episodes were issue-based, until the producers decided it should be a teen soap opera.
  3. The character of Dylan was only supposed to appear in eight episodes. Fox executives weren’t sold on the fictional character or Luke Perry’s acting ability. Aaron Spelling used his own funds to pay Perry’s salary during those initial episodes, and the positive audience response led Fox to approve his addition to the regular cast.

SOLVED!

2. Principal Lessa’s last name is a head nod to actress who played the main character in the original Brazilian series.

SOLVED!

Show forty-eight:

2. When the title character returns from his grandmother’s house, the bus line he returns on is called Beagle, an obvious parody of Greyhound bus lines.
  3. In the episode where the title character and his friend form a garage band, they wear oversized suits to a gig at a birthday party, a homage to the Big Suit worn by David Byrne of the Talking Heads in Stop Making Sense (1984).

@ScreenSloths

90210?

1 Like

YES! Nice. … Know the other one too?

1 Like

I do not, unfortunately

1 Like

Awww… I’m sure you might have when either someone guesses or more clues are given. (wink)

1 Like

Show forty-six: Beverly Hills, 90210

3. The character of Dylan was only supposed to appear in eight episodes. Fox executives weren’t sold on the fictional character or Luke Perry’s acting ability. Aaron Spelling used his own funds to pay Perry’s salary during those initial episodes, and the positive audience response led Fox to approve his addition to the regular cast.

SOLVED!

SOLVED!

Show forty-eight: Doug

3. In the episode where the title character and his friend form a garage band, they wear oversized suits to a gig at a birthday party, a homage to the Big Suit worn by David Byrne of the Talking Heads in Stop Making Sense (1984).
  4. The origin of the character Patti Mayonnaise is the combination of the names of two girls Jim Jinkins had a crush on in school.

SOLVED!

1 Like

Show 48 is Doug! I’ve seen a couple episodes. The theme song is stuck in my head now.

1 Like