Guess the TV shows!

I was thinking it was Dora, but I wasn’t sure! :joy: I doubted myself and you beat me to it.

2 Likes

I know my Dora :joy:

I EVEN WATCHED THAT LIVE ACTION MOVIE to relive my childhood

ironically actually was pretty hilarious

10/10

2 Likes

Show thirty-seven: Dora the Explorer

1. The title character’s surname is Márquez.
  2. Whenever one character manages to steal items from the others, he exclaims “You’ll never find it now!”

SOLVED!

Show thirty-eight: Barney & Friends

1. The title character was originally intended to be a bear.
  2. The theme song is a parody of “Yankie Doodle”.

SOLVED!

Show thirty-nine: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

1. This show was one of the first to feature the words “Google it” in an episode.
  2. The lead actress was purposefully kept out of the spotlight during filming, so that younger viewers wouldn’t see pictures of her drinking or smoking.
  3. Anthony Head was the very first actor to be cast in the series.

SOLVED!

@Gaming

2 Likes

Bizaardvark?

2 Likes

It’s not that.

2 Likes

buffy the vampire slayer?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Show forty:

1. The title characters’ surnames are named after two famous British serial killers.
  2. Almost every episode starts with a phone call.

Show forty-one:

1. The pearl “(letter)” necklace the title character wears is a replica of the famous necklace worn by Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII’s 2nd wife and mother of Elizabeth I.
  2. Despite being set in New York and its pilot being filmed there, the first and second seasons were filmed entirely in Los Angeles. Stock footage was used to establish that the show is set in New York. At the beginning of the third season the show relocated back to New York.

Show forty-two:

1. This show was originally a live action TV series. It flopped, so they decided to make it a cartoon.
  2. The first animated television series to be shown overseas from its originating country.

@Gaming & @ScreenSloths

1 Like

1 Like

It is not, no.

1 Like

Show forty:

1. The title characters’ surnames are named after two famous British serial killers.
  3. The terraced Barry house is someone’s actual house - as seen, furniture and all. The occupant ‘moved out’ for the days of filming.

Show forty-one:

1. The pearl “(letter)” necklace the title character wears is a replica of the famous necklace worn by Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII’s 2nd wife and mother of Elizabeth I.
  2. Despite being set in New York and its pilot being filmed there, the first and second seasons were filmed entirely in Los Angeles. Stock footage was used to establish that the show is set in New York. At the beginning of the third season the show relocated back to New York.
  3. The main family is from Mexico, but none of the actors are ethnically Mexican. They’re actually Honduran, Cuban, Puerto Rican-Irish, and Puerto Rican-Italian.

Show forty-two:

1. This show was originally a live action TV series. It flopped, so they decided to make it a cartoon.
  2. The first animated television series to be shown overseas from its originating country.
  3. The first Japanese animated TV series to be shown and marketed internationally.

@Gaming & @ScreenSloths

1 Like

Sailor Moon? This is the oldest one I know

1 Like

Nah, not this either. Much older than this. Even older than the oldest person on this forum.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it created in 1918? I can’t remember the name…

1 Like

Nah, it wasn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, no clue.

1 Like

Show forty:

3. The terraced Barry house is someone’s actual house - as seen, furniture and all. The occupant ‘moved out’ for the days of filming.
  4. Smithy and Rudy (brother and sister on the show) were actually a couple in real life from 2007-2009 and were reportedly engaged before splitting up for good.

Show forty-one:

3. The main family is from Mexico, but none of the actors are ethnically Mexican. They’re actually Honduran, Cuban, Puerto Rican-Irish, and Puerto Rican-Italian.
  4. On the title character’s nightstand sits a copy of the book The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Show forty-two:

3. The first Japanese animated TV series to be shown and marketed internationally.
  4. In 2003, Tetsuwan Atom was declared a real resident in Japan and also named as Japan’s envoy for overseas safety.

@ScreenSloths

omg james corden is in this

is it gavin and stacy???

1 Like

Yes, yes!

Show forty: Gavin and Stacey

4. Smithy and Rudy (brother and sister on the show) were actually a couple in real life from 2007-2009 and were reportedly engaged before splitting up for good.

SOLVED!

Show forty-one:

4. On the title character’s nightstand sits a copy of the book The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
  5. Chris Williams, who plays Wilhelldiva Hater (the drag queen parody of Wilhelmina Slater), is Vanessa Williams’ brother.

Show forty-two: Astro Boy

4. In 2003, Tetsuwan Atom was declared a real resident in Japan and also named as Japan’s envoy for overseas safety.
  5. A synonym for the title is Stellar Lad

SOLVED!

@ScreenSloths

Commenters on the thread…

@_abbinshire, @astxrism, @benitz786, @Bexs, @bpalmer, @Caticorn, @ethereal, @Kristi, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @sunflower.flow, @Tellyg47

1 Like