Harry Potter 20 Year Reunion

So recently there was a 20 year reunion for the cast of Harry Potter where they all got together, they had interviews and discussed it basically. I remember the photos and videos flooding social media at the time!

What do you guys think of the reunion?

@ScreenSloths

2 Likes

YES! This was brilliant. I also loved how the author was in this but every time her face appeared, it said in the corner that it was shot many years ago. HAHAHA

1 Like

Just finished it after watching all 8 movies again… Loved it
So much

2 Likes

Wasn’t it great? OMG! It made me sooo happy watching it.

2 Likes

It was wholesome :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, it was. I was particularly happy with the acknowledgment of the great actors we’d lost. Though I was upset not to see Julie Walters/Molly Weasley not there, but when I looked up why afterwards, I learnt that she semi-retired after being diagnosed with stage three bowel cancer.

2 Likes

Did you watch it @liyahsdiamond?

2 Likes

I did not. The whole JK Rowling situation left a nasty taste in my mouth… but I love the series itself too much, so I’ll try to make a note to watch it.

2 Likes

But she wasn’t part of it, not really. Though she was interviewed for it, they actually had a title the shot of her every time she appeared to say it was filmed several years ago, before she spoke the sh!t that she did. All of the cast despise her after what happened, and none wanted to be there if she was.

1 Like

Fully understandable and honestly same but at least with the movies multiple people were involved, not solely J.K Rowling like with the books. Contextualising it like this makes me personally feel better, I also say I prefer the movies but not just because of that, I’ve watched a really good video essay recently about the flaws of the series and honestly the movies are just the better medium.

1 Like

Ooooh… this sounds interesting.

2 Likes

It’s long but I usually have this stuff on in the background when I’m at uni

Really? I didn’t know that.

This is fair. To me, it’s books > movies (this is just a personal preference overall), but the books definitely had their flaws! The video essay does seem interesting though!

Fair! I did used to think that way before I became more critical and analytical of media. There are some movies that are at least equal to or slightly surpass their books but there are some that miss the mark completely. Some can even offer different experiences but both be really good!

In terms of the Harry Potter books, I had fun reading them and will never deny that, but on retrospect there were some pretty bad elements that I’m glad were left out of the movies.

1 Like

I oughtta take a media class sometime in college then!

Wholeheartedly agree. There was some really messed up stuff in the books!