Has a person you don't know ever asked you to read their story?

Has a person you don’t know ever asked you to read their story? And if someone has, did you read it? :thinking::rose::two_hearts:

For me, yes, someone I don’t know has asked me to read their story before. I read one episode I think :sweat_smile::rose::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Yes :eyes:

Yes, and I just leave them on seen most of the time :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes! In return, I told her to read my story, and she ghosted me :upside_down_face::unamused:
Since then, I never entertain those sort of messages :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… and I said that I wouldn’t :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, and it’s kind of annoying to be honest.

1 Like

ALL. THE. TIME.

1 Like

Yes, they have asked me many times before. Though I actually suck at keeping up with them lately. I’ve had two people ask me over instagram to read their stories. I still haven’t gotten around to reading them. I’m not sure how I feel about people asking through pm’s for you to read their stories. It can get a bit annoying when you keep forgetting to get to them which is why I try to say “I will try to read your story when I get the chance.” to the writers that have asked me.

Has a person you don’t know ever asked you to read their story? How do you feel about that?

@Writers
@Episodians

5 Likes

im usually the one asking
i love ur title btw

1 Like

Lol thank you! There’s nothing wrong with asking people to read your story.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten any DMs from people in a while, but if I do, I usually read the first chapter, and if I like it enough, I’ll continue it and give them feedback.

Yes I’ve been asked that question multiple times and it does get really annoying.

A few who’ve asked me to read their story, I did and they were good tbh and they followed me and I followed them back and they eventually read my story without me asking them to. They became my epi friends now. :blush:

But they’re some who asked and I did read their stories and when I gave feedback, they never responded, it’s like they disappeared so that turned me off so when others asked me to read their story I just ignored and deleted their message. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

I totally get this. It was a direct message asking me to read their story then we decided to do a read for read. I thought okay we can give each other feedback. She said she liked my story which I told her the same. I then asked do you want to go over the parts that need tweaking in both stories. She never once responded back after that message. After that, I have been apprehensive to reading others stories unless I personally know them now.

1 Like

Ppl always message me on insta or ef to read their stories- :star_struck: i never read them im so bad

1 Like

Let me just say this: I’ve been on WattPad for about 6 years :wink:

Yes… I tell them I will read it and I never do :eye: :lips: :eye:

but if See some screenshots of it and see that I might like it I actually do read it.

Yes, me and like 15 other random Episode users got added to a groupchat for someone asking us to read their story :flushed:

1 Like

I think so, I think I did too.
Has a person you don’t know ever asked you to read their story, @anon93806337 & @Quinn?

Closed due to inactivity