Have you ever been in a book club?

I’ve never been in a book club and I wonder what they are like. I know one of my friends used to be in one but she always said they barely talked about the books but about everything else in their lives :sweat_smile:

Have you ever been in a book club?
Did you like it?
What was it like?

2 Likes

No I haven’t been in a book club myself so I don’t know how it’s like. :sweat_smile:
I don’t think I’ll ever join one if I was offered to.

2 Likes

Yes but I was forced to by my teacher :skull:

1 Like

Nope, but it sounds interesting

1 Like

Nope, never. Socializing isn’t really my thing in the first place.

1 Like

I was in a book club in elementary school and I really enjoyed it! I’ve actually been trying to find one of the books I read because I want to read it again.

1 Like

Added a tag

1 Like

added a tag

There was no book club back in high school and socially, I don’t know if clubs even exist :sob: so no-

1 Like

@Bookworms Have you ever been in a book club? Is it fun?

2 Likes

In school, I think I was.

1 Like

YEAH I was in one at the library when I was in elementary school and indoor gatherings were not outlawed, I joined the one at my high school lasttt year and I joined one from twitter just before this summer! I really like book clubs because I love books and sometimes I don’t know what book to read, so with book clubs I can find new books and then get to talk about them

I do prefer it in-perosn, but like it’s fine online I suppose—just a little less personal but I honestly do it to read, not to socialize so all’s well that ends well :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Which books did you read?

2 Likes

I could not tell you a singular book I read in the library book club lmaooo

But for the school one, I don’t remember most but here are the ones I actually read according to my library checkout history (not in order):

• Sadie by Courtney Summers (loved)
  • Frying Plantain by Zalika Reid-Benta (cute)
  • The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan (did nottt like this book, found every character annoying, except a single side character)
  • Like a Love Story by Abdi Nazemian (cute)
  • Charming as a Verb by Ben Philippe (read this late lmaoo but it was cute)

For Twitter one (also it’s a book club for black readers and black stories):

• Cinderella is Dead by Kaylnn Baron (didn’t read this tho, my library didn’t have and I didnt want to read an ebook)
  • Ace of Spades (loved)

And the latest one is Legendborn by Tracy Deon, but I haven’t put that on hold cause I have a bunch of books to read beforeee that cri but I’ll probably read it later

2 Likes

OMG! So many.
I’ve never heard of any of them.

2 Likes

NEITHER LMAO
I like reading books I haven’t heard of much much better than really popular ones for some reason aha

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA! That’s ironic.
That’s fair.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity