Have you ever donated books to the library?

Many of us have lots of books stored in our homes or in boxes that we may not use and sometimes we want at least reduce the number of books we have.
Giving away some of your books is a good idea but have you ever thought about donating some books to the library? If you did, was it a smooth process? Was the librarian kind enough to accept the books?

1 Like

No, because thats not how librarys work. at least not where I live. I cant speak for other countries.

Libraries are a tax paid thing, most books are bought already, if the library dont have the book, because its borrow out, it can be put on hold for you, if the library dont have it at all, they can get it home from another library. if no library at all has it, they put in a request to buy it, which btw I have done a few time with manga books, and they where bought

to buy a book, they cant just buy a book in a book store, its a process since they are borrowing out the book to people for free, which mean the author dont earn any money on it.

I would recommend instead donating to a second hand store. ask online if anyone want them. or check if somewhere around your city they have a give or take book shelf, which is what I do with my books, its a place where you can place boks you no longer want, and people can take those they want for free.

1 Like

I donated all of my Jacqueline Wilson books to the primary school library I figured I wouldn’t need them anymore :sunglasses:

Fixed a tag, and @Bookworms, did any of you ever do this?