Have you ever fantasized about writing an advice column? What would you answer first?

I’ve been to this point it can be nerve-racking if you have a burning question but no matter where you turn to there isn’t a good answer. I use to think of going into the route of journalism to keep my writing sharp but I didn’t go that route in the end. Though it did cross my mind more than once that is for sure. So, what about you?

Anybody ever had this feeling? Was there always a question you wanted to ask others? Is there a question you always wanted answered but couldn’t find the right answer for?

@Discussions

2 Likes

Probably an LGBTQ+ advice column. About what to do if your parents don’t accept you.

1 Like

Sounds like an interesting piece. It would definitely get a lot of entries I think.

Thanks! My parents are…iffy…

1 Like

Well, it’s your decision on whether to do it when you want to pursue something like that.

I might do it. I’m going to college soon, so I could totally start a blog.

1 Like

Exactly! You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

I could probably even save lives.

1 Like

Possibly, I would make sure to get a clear idea of what you want to do. I hope it does work out for you though!

I really just want people to send me their queer related issues, and I’d help and comfort them.

1 Like

I’m Pansexual, so I understand what their going through.

1 Like

Then I would say go ahead with the idea!

That’s good because you can relate to those who listen or read your blog.

My coming out was…ok.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I want to do it, to help others like me.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes it’s hard for people to accept anything different then how they see you as. I tried to tell my parents I was bi-curious. My dad outright said I didn’t know what I was talking about but my mom was more understanding even if she didn’t fully accept it. I still have interest in both sexes even now.

Then I think you should go with that plan.

Ah, my mom thought I was acting. We can take this to PM if you want.

1 Like

Yeah, I got that from some family members too. We can take this to pm’s.

I have fantasized about writing an advice column. I wrote a story once about a preteen girl that wrote a secret advice column for her school.
Last year, I was also working on a story about a girl who writes for an advice column, but I ended up changing that story at least ten times and finally giving up on it.

1 Like