Have you ever gotten caught in bad weather?

If so, what did you do?

I had to drive home in a terrible storm once. I had also agreed to give some friends a ride, and after dropping one of them off, the storm got more serious. I couldn’t even drive because the streets were flooded. So we had to stop and wait for maybe 20 minutes.

Another time, I worked in a school where the parking lot was a few blocks away from the school building. We had to stay to do some extra work one day in June, right at the beginning of the rainy season. At 5:30, it started raining and I walked all the way to the parking lot in the pouring rain.

1 Like

Does a hot day count as bad weather :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely!
I’ve gotten caught in extremely hot weather a few times, and I always get a migraine headache. :pensive: :pensive:

2 Likes

One time when I was going to school, the rain and wind was so intense that I could barely walk with my umbrella because it was constantly being pushed back, so I just decided to stay home.

Yess it’s crazy
“white rain” is no joke over here… you literally can’t see anything when you’re driving …the rain comes with full force so I had to put on my lights so that other cars on the opposite side knows there is a car approaching and likewise other people did the same thing so I was able to see their car

1 Like

I have, couple

1. My family was in the mountain let say it was a vacation later that night there this big thunderstorms about 5 minutes later the power when out and stay out until 11am next morning . But there was tree damage everywhere.

And 2. post hurricane came back to back but Michel knock my power off for two day and it even washed a part of my road I live on, there a creek going though the road.
after the a big snow storm nearly 18” inches of snow and some school for a week while other when back after 3 days off due to snow.

When the power goes out and I still play piano in the dark.

Added some tags plus moved the thread to general discussion.

Mostly snow for me.
The worst was one night i stupidly went to a movie when my parents were out of town and it was a storm. My drive home was in the night and it was snowing and freezing rain so the roads were deep snow and the snow/rain was freezing on my windshield and I kept having to stick my hand out the window to break ice off my wipers and I couldn’t see and it was so creepy and I knew I didn’t know who I would call if I got stuck or anything. And the movie theater was 30 miles from my house so it was a long drive.
And I lived on a huge hill and I almost got stuck in the middle of the road because it was deep snow and slippery at the same time.
That was the worst time for me.

Oh yeah, I have definitely been caught in bad weather before. It’s not a fun moment when it happens. I’ve been at Disney during a hurricane on multiple vacations. Pretty much dealt with lots of rainy days during those trips. Although, I have to admit Disney’s closing procedures this last trip were strange. They closed Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios at 3pm then they left Epcot open until 7pm. It was very strange even though Dorian didn’t hit until nearly 10-11pm that night.

Then my city got caught in a little icemeggeden. Here in Tennessee we rarely get snow but we always get ice and black ice here which can be dangerous. Literally for a whole week we had this dream ice storm hit that iced many roads in town which included my road and driveway. Since my area is not prepared for big ice storms they tend to only salt the roads that are used regularly. They did salt our road that much so when it came time for me to get to work. We had to trek up the driveway which was covered in a thick layer of ice. This is around the time the driveway was still gravel so it made it worse. Well, we almost made it to the car but then I fell and so did my dad. I finally nope let’s go back to the house. I was done with that whole ordeal. I was able to go back to work a few days later once the driveway thawed out. We haven’t had a storm like that since that one.

Back when I was in high school, we had a bad series of flash floods that flooded my city. My friend and I had to stay at the my house until the rain stopped pretty much played poker with everyone the whole time. That flood destroyed the Opry Land Mall. They had to rebuild most of the inside of the mall because it flooded the whole 1st floor.

That’s all I can think of as of right now.

2 Likes

I’ve luckily never had to deal with dangerous flooding.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be bad but it’s rare for it to happen here. It usually only happens after a huge hurricane hits. You are very lucky to not have been caught in one. I hope it doesn’t happen to anyone to be honest.

1 Like

added the weather tag :cloud_with_rain:

There was once the tail end of a hurricane and that blew me over in the middle of the road but thankfully I managed to not die and I just hurt my knee instead

My whole life is stuck in bad weather

First date with my boyfriend, lol.

Yeah, I remember this one day as I was going back home from work it started pouring… you literally couldn’t see anything and I had to stay under the bus station without an umbrella and I felt bad that day and just wanted to go home

Closed due to inactivity