Have you ever made a character like yourself?

I made quite a few of those
All my characters are somewhat like me one way or another, but i also made a character that was actually kinda based on bio included :thinking:

I find writing characters that are like me quite fun actually ngl

What about you guys? @RPers

6 Likes

Same here. I always have to add some touch of me or it’ll never feel like I can relate to the character. If I can’t relate to the character I’m writing, I won’t write them.

2 Likes

Lol always!

2 Likes

Depends, completely like myself? No, I very moody and making somebody like myself means figuring out myself. But if you mean parts of myself in each character then yes I’ve made all my characters like myself.

1 Like

More often than you think :thinking:

1 Like

I give them some personality traits in common, but I can never make them completely like me. That’s kinda weird tbh-

2 Likes

Never. If I ever do, it will be the most hated character ever :sweat_smile: I just take one detail of me then give it to them.

What is this outrage

1 Like

I get what you mean, and I agree. I have autism, but I don’t fully understand it (and trying to write a character fully based on me wouldn’t feel right). I’m writing about an MC that’s kind of like me, with friends based on friends I have irl, but otherwise, we’re different.

2 Likes

I once made a character that was almost exactly like me, and that was Mia from Diary of a Middle School Teacher. The only thing different about her was her looks— but she did have the same height as me.

But most of my other MCs are similar to me in some things but not in everything. I was just now writing a scene that the MC’s brother was narrating, and when he was describing how it felt to have a migraine, I started describing a migraine from my very own perspective and what I usually do when I have one. So sometimes I even put myself into other characters that are supposed to be very different from me.

Not exactly like me, but similar to me.

I’ve come to the point to believe that every character i’ve ever written is at least a little bit like myself
not only because they come from my brain so… well of course they’ve got to have something from me, but also because, revisiting old characters, I have notices a lot of them echo the thoughts or circumstances i had at the time of creation in some way, and it’s very easy for me to now pinpoint “oh this was inspired by what i thought at this class” “oh i did this when i was struggling with blablabla”
it’s very interesting, though, to see how different they can all be, even if they’re all a bit of me, and exploring different things through them not only makes them their own characters, but shows me, as a creator of my identity, the possibilities i have with my own self

7 Likes

Yep!

I’ve made an alarming amount of characters like me. In fact, I think every character I’ve ever made has at least some part of me in their personality. It makes it easier for me to play them that way. Though I’ve never based a biography on my own life because my life do be lame-
@RPers what about you guys. Any of you guys ever done something like this?

5 Likes

Never. I have never truly made a character like me. Maybe each of them have tiny little aspects but that’s all.

1 Like

Of course

yeah, russell and lily

1 Like

Noooo just tiny, happy details separated and spread to different characters. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve made a character based entirely on one person. Just tiny, happy details added with some spices ^~^

I’ve never made a character completely like me. I’ve had a couple that I knowingly made similar to myself in major parts of their personality, but overall I’ve never made a character a lot like myself. But in every character there always ends up being at least a piece of myself within them. Even if it’s something like how I made Nova for the Bachelor(ette) SG, I wrote her information to include that she’s a complete klutz like I am.