Have You Ever Regretted Reading a Book?

I’ve regretted reading a few books, but I had to read most them for school so I often already knew they would be boring. However, there is one book that I’ve read a few years ago and I was really looking forward to reading it, but it ended up being really bad and weird :upside_down_face: I’m just glad it wasn’t very long so I didn’t spend too much time on it.

So have you regretted reading a book?

8 Likes

I started reading Hunger and wasd utterly traumatized by it :joy:

The whole Gone series is super freaky, especially when you take into account that everyone’s under 15

3 Likes

Oui, almost all books we had to read for school :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

The book we have to read for English this year. It’s so boringggggggg.

1 Like

Many dystopian stories at school.

There are times I accidentally read a book that is a series. Like I’m not aware that a book is a series, not a standalone that I’m like, “Doh!”

1 Like

Yep, many times. I’ve read a few stereotypical, bland books with a boring plot and I always regret wasting time on them. :white_heart:

1 Like

I regret reading a very boring book with 500 pages. I’ve read it for university because I thought it’s necessary for a class…turns out I could have just read the last 20 pages because that was the important part. I didn’t understand most of it and spent a lot of time on reading the whole book. It wasn’t even good or interesting

The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao

I mostly regret reading it because I had to listen while the teacher was reading the book with everyone in high school and there was a lot of rated r scenes and curse words which made it awkward.

The Fledging.

I kind of regret reading this in middle school (Even though it was good.) because the reviews made it seem weird/Creepy. Looking back on it, I could see why.

No and I don’t think anyone should regret reading some books! Even if they are “bad”

1 Like

I have regretted reading some books before, although never very severely. I tend to stop reading books in the middle if I don’t like them, so usually my regret about reading books happens when the ending is a major let down or I just spent a lot of time reading something that wasn’t good. I don’t really regret reading books for school, since I have to just do it, but I will regret that the books I had to read weren’t better.

1 Like

My biggest regret was reading the Maze Runner Trilogy…

I binge-read all 3 books + the prequel novel in the span of 24 hours. The first book was great! The second was okay. The third made me want to burn the books (if I had physical copies) because the ending is ATROCIOUS. It’s like the writer was just shoving everything he thought was cool into the story without thinking, and by the end he had zero explanation for the zombie virus and then made up the reasoning for putting the protagonists through trials on the spot - so it made no sense. It was the most illogical thing I’d ever read. Instant destruction of suspension of belief.

I read the the prequel novel hoping that it would salvage the ending, since it has the reason for how the zombie virus got out into the public in the first place… and it’s just as atrocious and illogical as the reasoning for putting the characters through the trials @.@

Why on earth would a WORLD GOVERNMENT BODY use an UNTESTED VIRUS on the human population for the purpose of controlled culling? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Never hated a series until I finished these books :joy: Even Twilight can’t make me rage as hard as this. It’s the first one that’s ever made me feel like I wasted my time, lol.

2 Likes

Lol, pretty mich every single book that I’ve read so far.

1 Like

Oof

2 Likes

yes
so many
i put so much time into them and they play me

1 Like

No…
I loved the books I read…plus I won’t waste money buying an unrad book.
I also got books as a gift and read them and they were really nice. :brown_heart:

@Bookworms What about you? Are there any books that you’ve regretted reading?

1 Like

I’m not sure about regretted it, but I’m seriously rethinking whether i should have started the one I’m reading at the moment.

1 Like

Hmmmm…
I’m trying to think.
I don’t think so. It’s really hard for me to want to regret reading a certain book. Unless it was the case of reading it, loving it so much, and then wanting to forget I ever read the book so I could re read it all over again.

1 Like

added a tag

No I haven’t :eyes: what I regret is not reading that one book before it got taken back by its owner cri

1 Like