Have you ever seen a Karen?

I have. This lady was yelling at me and my brothers to be quiet and I think she threatened to set her dog on us so that was fun.

Have you ever seen a Karen?

2 Likes

Context - we were having a jolly ol’ time biking and chatting and the lady went to her driveway (or yelled from the window my memory is a little spotty) to yell at us

1 Like

Yes, I have XD many many times

My mom is a Karen…

1 Like

I was walking my dog and she was taking a dump. Some woman in an apt. building (small) stuck her head out her window and hollered at me “I hope you’re going to pick that up!” I said “yes, I am” and she yelled “with what?” I pulled a bag out of my coat pocket and said “with this!” I wanted to add “you stupid sow!” but refrained.

my thoughts exactly

2 Likes

*from the window first lols
At least she didn’t breathe on us or whatrerver

Bump!

Moved to #general-chat:debate and added tags. :brown_heart:

Haha no I haven’t because I don’t like in a country where they’re people who are classified as Karens

When I was in uni waiting for class to start I was sat in the kinda lobby area, a girl walked through and she wasn’t wearing a mask so the security person asked her if she had a mask and if so could she wear it. Then the girl started ranting at this security person and demanded to see their boss a young Karen but still a Karen. :joy:

My mom has a friend named Karen, if that counts. She’s really nice, though. Definitely not one to scream at people and demand to see the manager.

They are called “Lady + Name of place or situation they complained about” in my country. For example, if the Karen made a scene at Burger King, she’d be Lady Burger King. Or, if she made a scene over 100 pesos, they’d call her ‘Lady 100 Pesos’.
Male Karens are called “Lord (place or situation).”

Last year, there was a Karen/Lady Impatient in the line behind me at the grocery store. This was at the very beginning of the pandemic, when there weren’t people to help us bag our groceries anymore. The cashier was helping the person in front of me bag their groceries, so the Karen behind me started complaining and raving over how slow the cashier was being, and ordering him to hurry up.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity