Have you ever watched a movie twice that you disliked?

Not by choice, but once I had to watch this boring movie I didn’t care for because I was traveling somewhere by bus, and it was being shown… then, not long after that, I think it was being shown in a bus during another trip.

@ScreenSloths
@Discussions

3 Likes

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Watched it the first time. Understood what it was trying to do, but disagreed with it. Suffered through it a second time and I still didn’t agree with it. The past, and memories of highs and lows, are there to provide important lessons and warnings…to NOT repeat the same mistakes. Seeing two people getting ready to make the same mistakes all over again was just too much for me.

1 Like

Uh… don’t think so. Usually I won’t watch it again. Although I have watched a film for a second time and found I disliked it on the second watch.

1 Like

@CrazyCaliope I hated the first Frozen when it first came out because I so adored the animated The Snow Queen film (from the 50’s I believe) version as a kid, but after the 2nd watch, the songs latched onto my brain and Disney hijacked it to the point I became obsessed. That, and Anna and Elsa have the same personalities as my real sisters…

2 Likes

Interesting. Can’t say I can agree, nor disagree, with you there. As I have never seen the films, nor do I really want to. HAHAHA

1 Like

Nope. Can’t watch something I don’t like twice

I tend to struggle to even finish things I don’t like so no :joy:

Nope. Not unless I’m forced to. Hasn’t happened yet.

I often rewatch movies and dislike them the second time I watch them but watching a movie twice that I already disliked the first time? No.

@ScreenSloths What about you?

When I was a kid I kinda had to because I was indecisive and my brother had a different taste in movies to me and we’d end up watching something (often the same thing) I didn’t really like on multiple occasions

But I get to make him watch stuff now too

1 Like

HAHA. Like how the roles have reversed now.

What films were you made to watch?

1 Like

Stuart Little is the only one but i dunno if it counts
I watched it as a toddler and (according to my parents) absolutely hated it, i have no memory of it
Then, years later, my family insisted that we watched it together
I now have no opinion on the movie

1 Like

Things with animals in them mostly
I love animals but animal orientated movies aren’t my thing :joy: for example, See Spot Run and Marmaduke

2 Likes

No opinion at all?

Ah, right. So Milo & Otis, and Homeward Bound too?

nope
when i try to think abt it my brain just goes “ah yeah that’s a movie that exists. i’ve watched it.”

1 Like

Yup!
Though I do like Beethoven which is ironic because my brother doesn’t

2 Likes

Ah, interesting. Fair enough.

HAHAHAHA. That is rather ironic. Is this still the case now or just during childhood?

1 Like

I believe it’s still the case now
Maybe I should watch Beethoven again and see if I still like it

1 Like

Cool.
Could do. Maybe you could even watch it with a different crowd too, to see if watching it with different people will affect your opinion.