Have you talked with your parents about your sexuality?

Well, yes. I had to come out to them. It went…ok.
You? @Discussions and @LGBTCommunity

4 Likes

No, I’ve never had that talk. I don’t know why, guess I just don’t share. I don’t talk about the deeper stuff. My best friends all know, but through experience and knowing me rather than me specifically telling them.

1 Like

Yeah, quite a lot actually. They are very supportive about me being pan. I first talked to them about it when I was 18, they were surprised but honestly didn’t care what my sexuality is and who I’m dating as long as I’m happy. And honestly, since then I kept them pretty up to date on my relationships. It took a while for me to feel comfortable enough to be open with them about stuff like that, also because I didn’t really accept my sexuality myself, but now it’s not something I want to hide from them anymore.

1 Like

I came out to my mom
Did not go well
If I came out to my dad id be FCKED

we also never had the talk
They said we could when I’m married :sob::sob:

2 Likes

I’m really sorry about that.

1 Like

No, it won’t go over well

2 Likes

Yikes.

1 Like

Iss all good al

1 Like

I have given them subtle hints about it here and there (hoping they can figure out on their own) but they just think I am a “prude” or “snob”.

2 Likes

As soon as I discovered I was asexual and sex-repulsed, I told my mom about it. At first, she didn’t really get it, but now she does. She also shared her experience with me, that she has only felt sexually attraction after developing an emotional connection, not before.

And my dad died when I was fifteen and had no idea about anything like this, so yeah, I feel that he would have been understanding.

1 Like

Me and my family are in a weird state rn, most of them kind of know but I’ve never really “Came out” or anything. I’ve never really flat out told them, but they do kind of know. It’s not really talked about.

1 Like

My parents don’t care. I’ve told them and when I wasn’t dating anyone specifically that they knew about and had girls and boys over they’d always be like “better not be doing THAT up there”. :sob: Lol.

3 Likes

I’m really glad they’re supportive!

2 Likes

Never in a serious way, I don’t know how they’d take it
Well, my Mum would be fine with it probably

1 Like

Well since my alter Thorn is an ace, she doesn’t appear much around family.

:joy:

2 Likes

As a straight girl that’s not a talk I ever needed

1 Like

Many times with my mom, i also opened up about my gender identity to her, always end in an argument and a quick change on the subject so when i try to make some valid points she doesn’t want to listen and just walks away.

Last time i was talking about with my sister in front of my mom while i was having a panic attack and she threatened to hit me but in the end she came over to me and turned it as a joke and hugged me telling me i need to grow up because ‘this isn’t normal’ and was considering getting me a therapist or send me to a mental hospital.
If she thinks not hitting me and coming to ‘comfort’ me by saying all that sh*t will make me forgive her she needs a reality check. I seriously hate her and I only just tolerate her and try not to talk to her, just typical stuff because i’m seriously so done with her, she is making me feel sick.

2 Likes

I never came out to my parents, but one time we were watching Pirates of the Caribbean and I said that Elizabeth Swan was super pretty and asked my mum if she agreed. This woman looked me dead in the eyes and said ‘Yeah well I don’t like women’.

She knows. She knows. I know she knows.

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity