Height difference between you and your S/O(s)

So if you have an S/O, do you have a large height different or a small height difference? Either way, how does it affect your relationship with them if at all? Do you like the difference? Why or why not?

Note: Giving answers, keep them appropriate for the forums, as this is not in the restricted section.

Personally, my bf and I have about a foot height difference. Though the hugs are really nice, kissing breaks my neck, as I’m the shorter one.:joy:

Cuddling is pretty nice as well as hugging because it makes me feel protected. In general, I don’t really pay attention to the height difference of us because it’s mostly him himself that I care about.

What about yourselves in a relationship as well? @Discussions or, if you’re not in one, what do you think about the stigma around height between a couple?

3 Likes

I don’t have a significant other but height has never really been something that bothered me, there’s just some weird societal thing that says boyfriends should be taller than their girlfriends even though I’ve literally never cared about that.

It’s the same with any other partner I may have, regardless of gender, I don’t care about height.

4 Likes

Yeah, I never have really gotten into the idea that they had to be, it’s sort of weird. I know with being significantly shorter than my boyfriend can have people assume that’s the only reason why, but he’s just a taller than average guy, as me being a shorter than average female.

Though it’s cute to have the height difference, people who make it one of the most important thing in seeking relationships make me so confused. I don’t see relationships all about the outside, it’s the inside, so it also furthers my belief that people don’t date others for the actual love love part, but to kind of show off if they fall into this “cute” stereotype.

Yes, it really shouldn’t matter, IMO. Cos why would it?

2 Likes

I’m not in a relationship, but height doesn’t really matter to me. I’m 5’1, so pretty much anyone I date is going to be taller than I am.

3 Likes

Height Dosent change anything about a relationship however there is a certain stigma against guys that are short and girls that are tall because traditionally men are expected to be bigger to protect the women, but it’s a very out dated way of thinking and is irrelevant in today’s world

2 Likes

I like to believe that my S/O is Zuko.
Apparently, he is 5’10.5, so our height difference is 1-2 inches.

1 Like

My boyfriend is 5’2. I’m 4’11.

2 Likes

How’s it like? Do you care about height difference when it comes to relationships?

2 Likes

rests both my arms on your heads
HAHA sorry

3 Likes

He’s like 5 cm (ish) shorter than me
Cute lil bean :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s adorable

2 Likes

My S.O. is an inch-inch and a half taller than me depending if I’m 5’2 1/2 or 5’3. I go between the two measurements.

I prefer taller guys because then I feel safer, but I don’t mind.

1 Like

hisses

2 Likes

Ahh, yeah. Lol, I feel protected with my bf too.

It’s a nice feeling, even though I can handle myself. I just don’t think it’s the most important thing.

1 Like

bites

1 Like

I don’t care about right. It means nothing to me.

1 Like

bites back

1 Like

bite fight owo?

Yeah same I’m 5’2/158cm :kissing:

Ayy same (also it’s because almost everyone around me is taller than me so ;v;)

1 Like

Height? I’m 4’11.

1 Like