Help Colombia (Human Rights Violation)!

Would like to raise awareness for what’s happening in Colombia right now, the government of Colombia (which is corrupt) is currently turning on it’s citizens, particuarly affecting the middle and lower class. The internet is being distracted and limited in order for the international audience to be unaware of what’s going on. People began protesting in colombia because they wanted to put a 20% tax bill to the middle and poor class in order to recieve 6 billion dollars. They planned to tax essiential services including water, electricity, internet, tampons, eggs, milk, medicine and funeral services. The government has begun to now militarize the police, with military grade equipment. Citizens have to begun to die and the women of Colombia are being r!ped and SA by the police themselves along with kidnapping and detaining protestors while the rich escape with private jets to get vaxxed in Miami and such. (They also closed down the airports so you can only leave the country via private jet) while the poor and affected are lining for food and gas to survive. They are also heading into residential areas with the children and elderly reside, there was even an event of innocent civilians being gassed and trapped inside a bus and people fought to rescue them. Please sign this petition to help Colombia’s citizens with international aid from intervention from the United Nations: Click me. If any Colombians would like to share their experience or raise awareness of what is happening from inside the country feel free to. Since this a discussion as well, some questions:

• Did you sign the petition (SIGN IT)?
  • What is your opinion on this situation?
  • What have you heard about this so far, if you have?

please help by signing the petition for international aid, this is important!!
@Discussions

6 Likes

this is absolutely awful, and disgusted me to read. people are absolutely terrible. and the fact this is not getting much coverage is frustrating and also awful. actually, this is the first time i have heard about this.

4 Likes

…the world is messed up
also I’m gonna add some tags in a sec so :leaves:

2 Likes

:leaves: moved to general chat: Discuss :leaves: (and added tags)

2 Likes

I haven’t been checking the forums lately but someone mentioned this thread to me so I can to read it and sign the petition.

Please it only takes a few minutes to sign. I’ve only heard from one person directly but no news coverage on my end sadly. I hope that this will get more attention (sorry if this is short I’m exhausted but this is important)

1 Like

hi hi Colombian person here
(this is the reason i haven’t been around the forums lately)

first of all, Mel, thank you so so so much for sharing this, the situation has been terrible for us here

now, i wanted to add:
aside from the tax reform, we’re also protesting against a medical bills reform, police brutality, the death of social leaders and a couple other things, and the situation grows worse every day
many have died by the hands of the police, many others have been gravely hurt, and ALMOT A THOUSAND PEOPLE have gone missing
living here is very scary these days

yesterday was… terrible

• an ex president (who is lowkey still in power) tweeted showing his support for the armed forces using violence against civilians
  • indigenous people joined the protests and
    • “good people” who are “inconvenienced” by the situation shot at them, killing 8 of them WHILE SAID “GOOD PEOPLE” WERE PROTECTED BY THE COPS
    • the president told the indigenous groups to go back to their reservations, implying they have no place or voice in national matters, as if this hadn’t been their land since before Columbus came

so guys, please, if anyone can spread awareness, do
and i know this is too much to ask, and it may go against the forums rules to do this? but if you can help with donations, that would bean immense help

8 Likes

cam, i am so sorry to hear this. thank you for informing us / me about this, i will do my very best to spread awareness and donate if i can.

1 Like

Oh man…I signed, but that’s unfortunately all I can do…

1 Like

Oh wow Cam Im sorry you are going through this but thank you for the information and I will for sure spread awareness and donate as I can.

2 Likes

To anyone who wants to contact cam about this situation, please reach out to them on discord :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Threads by @/Cam about what’s happening in Colombia

A thread sharing insight into the situation in Colombia, like how they got there:
https://twitter.com/soliIoquising/status/1392503570583457793?s=20

TW // police brutality, blood, violence

A Twitter thread about what’s recently been going on in Colombia—update of the situation, essentially. Mind the trigger warnings, it’s really really bad

https://twitter.com/soliIoquising/status/1395981707631792129?s=20

3 Likes

soooo
hi

i have no energy so i’ll keep this short
on the 28th this month we’ll be reaching the two month mark for these protests
we’ve accomplished some things, but the government continues to f*ck us over
and far too many people have died

here’s another thread i made a while ago, it’s almost a month old but point still stands:
https://twitter.com/soliIoquising/status/1398464334431494145?s=20

please keep us un your thoughts, living in Colombia is a nightmare right now

again, as before, if anyone wants to reach out, i’ll be around discord or twitter

4 Likes

Closed due to inactivity