Help the forums by sharing the questions you have during English class!

I am a strong believer in literally never doing this

3 Likes

How to describe events better? I usually struggle finding the right words
And also, how to understand metaphors better, along with poetry? I swear they’re almost impossible to understand :sob:

1 Like

YESSS
How to make our essays sweet and poetric? I’ve always struggled to do that :sob:

1 Like

Also, I’m not sure if this exists already, but how to write dialogue better? It might be my horrible social skills but-

1 Like

Yesss! I can’t make anything poetic, it’s just so hard

1 Like

Ik :weary:

1 Like

It totally is
jk

1 Like

I would really like something on syntax and diction because we kind of brushed over that in school

1 Like

When is it okay to use direct speech?
And how does indirect speech work?

When is it appropriate to talk directly to the readers by using “you”?

How do I describe an image better during my exam? :eyes::sparkles:

So Shannii, I know you don’t live in America lol but here we have these standardized tests. You don’t have to do this but I had it added on anyway because some colleges require you to do this, but I’m supposed to write an essay in like 40 minutes for one of the tests.
Basically for the essay you are given two or three different perspectives, then you have to come up with some sort of argument.
Sample one:

So Ik you don’t live here but using your essay knowledge, how should Americans best prepare for this?

What’s the best way to teach the difference between used to and would to eighth graders*?

How about will vs. going to?

My students struggle a lot with those concepts.

1 Like

How do I correctly structure an if-clause? How do I know which verb tense to use? :eyes::eyes:

My teacher never explained it in a good way, so I still just use the one I feel like using because I don’t know the rules for it :grinning:

1 Like

How to use they/them pronouns in sentences?
This confuses me a bit…

In my RP post, Leo (my char) is talking about their sibling (who uses they/them pronoun).
So, there’s this one line- But she didn’t know where they were.
Are we supposed to use were or was?

If I use were, it’s grammatically correct, but if I use was, then it makes more sense, 'cause I’m talking about one person and not many.

I’ve tried reading other RPers’ posts, but some use were and some use was.

1 Like

Hello Shanos ~
@ShanniiWrites

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity