HEYO (Vietnamese?)

Anyone Vietnamese? I have a friend who is Vietnamese but like she’s not been online for the past days (her mom took her phone) and I need help with deciding if I should change something/whether something I wrote is offensive or not cool. I did as much research as possible but I still want a second opinion.

@Discussions help?

2 Likes

what did u write? :eyes:

1 Like

dont post it but give me the gist of it…i dont speak vietnamese

1 Like

Nothing offensive I hope, though I feel like I am falling into a trope and so I want to change it but the gift is also kinda important for the plot but if it’s offensive then of course I would change it and the plot (not that hard for me)

So like I was doing a history of a lot of mythical non-European animals/creatures/spirits/monsters.

The African dragon (loved it), the Kappa etc… and then I found something about a different type of unicorn. And if you know me well enough you will know I absolutely adore horses and unicorns are just like horses? . Anyway the point, is like the African dragon it intrigued me how different it was from the unicorn I know/see. Though, I already wrote something about a jade that my friend approved and thought maybe I could changed it and all that and was going to show it to my friend to approve it but then she popped up on discord group chat to say that her parents took her phone so she could catch up with stuffs and all that.

Sorry if it’s long

1 Like

Pfft. I’ve seen longer

And gurl! I didn’t know Africa had a dragon! :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah (it is most common in ancient egypt and Ethiopian culture and they are some dragons mask in west africa from ancient cultures)

Most African dragons are more like large serpents or giant snakes, sometimes possessing only two legs if any at all. These serpent-like dragons were seen several times throughout African culture, including folklore, religion, mythology, and tribal stories. These dragon’s stories were found in tribes, cities, and towns all over Africa including Egypt.

The Dahomey of West Africa bel the world was created by Nana-Buluku, their interpretation of God. Nana-Buluku created himself a companion named Aido-Hwedo. Aido-Hwedo was a “rainbow serpent”, or dragon. It was said that the dragon’s droppings made mountains and also helped nourish the plants of the Earth. It was also said that the dragon’s writhing created rivers and valleys.

Throughout the African’s and Egyptian’s lives, they were told of dragons. For the Ancient Egyptians, they gave thanks and praise to Ra for successfully bringing the sun back into the sky after fighting with Apep, a serpent-like dragon God that struggled to take the life of Ra and rule the Egyptian Gods. There are many stories like this. The Africans are constantly reminded about the monstrous creatures. It is also said that the dragon, Aido-Hwedo, will destroy the world that it created.

1 Like

some pls tell me if Rick riordan wrote about this because this is hella cool! :exploding_head::star_struck:

1 Like

Sadly nope

1 Like

Omg wait @Bexs in Kane chronicles he mentioned something like this. About a god who wanted to kill Ra/destroy the earth which is the serpent god creation or something

1 Like

It would be a cool side story for the Kane Chronicles…
The dragon description just made me think of like a Chinese dragon. It makes sense for a snake shape kind of…I’m guessing they had a lot of snakes in the desert…I think there is a desert in Africa…:skull_and_crossbones:

I wonder if the African dragon has anything to do with that giant snake dude Apollo delt with to get the Oracle :thinking:

1 Like

Somehow Isis got brainwashed into killing Ra right?

1 Like

There is a desert in America too! And yes Africa has a desert!

1 Like

Something like that

1 Like

yup

1 Like

Geography is not my strong suite

1 Like

Sonoran Desert

The North American Deserts

North America has four major deserts: Great Basin , Mohave , Chihuahuan and Sonoran . All but the Sonoran Desert have cold winters. Freezing temperatures are even more limiting to plant life than is aridity, so colder deserts are poorer in both species and life forms, especially succulents.

1 Like

I was talking about that earlier!

I wanna reread that series :star_struck:
Aleppo sounds familiar :thinking:

1 Like

I won’t remember that :eyes::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Apophis In kane chronicles.

1 Like