Hi-Fi Rush 🎸 🎵 💥

Hi-Fi Rush

Hi-Fi RUSH

I could go on about this game forever :sparkles:

Everything from the art style to the plot is phenomenal. It has classic comic energy while cracking jokes, alternating between serious themes and all-around an awesome soundtrack. Nine Inch Nails, for example, has two songs featured here. The themes are all very catchy!

It’s a lot like No Straight Roads, which I can also go on hour-long rants about for being such a unique game.

The plot (spoiler free) is around Chai, a wannabe rockstar who signs up for an experimental program that aims to ‘upgrade’ people by giving them cybernetic enhancements. He gets a new arm, but his old MP3 pod gets in the way of the machines, becoming his heart. Chai can see and feel the music in everything; he always moves to the rhythm. Unfortunately, he quickly gets labeled as a reject and has to fight his way out in order to avoid being recalled.

The game was released about a month ago and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. You guys should check it out ~

3 Likes

What happened to his arm? Lol, I could so use a cybernetic shunt.

2 Likes

He starts of the game with his arm in a cast, so it could have been broken? There are a few characters that pick up cybernetics along the game as they get injured. There’s kinda a theme with how much humanity a character has depending on how much of their body they’ve willingly replaced, which means you’ll find bosses with a ton of cool upgrades as compared to the main cast.

1 Like

A really fun games that I needed this year. Hopefully I can get some more free time to go deeper into it. Have you finish the game Blue? Do you plan on getting the platinum for it?

3 Likes

I did a brief run-through, barebones just to finish it and explore the plot. Will definitely be going for the plat because there are so many secrets and it’s totally worth it

I think my favorite had to be obscure logs about why the coffee machine was constantly broken

2 Likes
2 Likes

Pfft- I need to play this game just for that.

1 Like

I could go on about that forever. Most of the bosses have massive gripes about coffee and there’s a whole argument at the end where the CEO is yelling at his finance officer about shutting down the whole industry campus but leaving the coffee shop open

1 Like

YES

1 Like

Also super secret but also not so secret, all the characters are in the poster I slapped down in the first post. The main characters are in front and all the bosses are hidden in the billboards behind. Love that little detail

1 Like

Also, random, but I want Hi-C now. I honestly thought this was an appreciation thread for it because I’m weird.

1 Like

What is Hi-C?

1 Like

1 Like

The main character also has the same color scheme and energy as Ryū Urashima, the main character from Future Police Urashiman (It’s a great anime you should watch it)

Future Police Urashiman (TV Series 1983) - IMDb

I got probably less than an hour. Mostly just exploring the combos and trying to perfect my attacks with the beats. I don’t have an Xbox or a good gaming pc so I play at my friends house :frowning:

I’ve been seeing lots of cool Easter eggs in the game too, it gives me high anime vibes!

@Ouijaloveletters i honestly didn’t expect the forums to still be here :sob:

2 Likes

They’re still here, as am I. It’s awesome to see you.

1 Like

If you find any cool easter eggs, please tell me all about them

I saw so many videos advertising this game, I must admit it does look very cool

1 Like

The animation style is so worth it. I already have a bajillion fanart/fic ideas

Found the coffee complaint and another funny message about buttons